They Should Have...

Discussion in 'September 1, 2010 event' started by Qartin, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Qartin

Qartin Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. Kept the old iPod Nano and added support for a camera, and made of aluminum casing.

2. Introduced the new iPod Nano as an iPod Mini

3. Added aluminum backing to the iPod Touch, with FM Radio

4. Updated the iPod Classic to be thinner, and all aluminum, with cheaper prices and new UI.
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

1. The old iPod Nano does have a camera. Just video recording though

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. This is the iPod Mini.
    3. Agree, or at least a different back.
    4. I don't think it can get any thinner since it still uses a hard drive (compared to flash chip in iPod Shuffle/iPod Nano/iPod Touch/iPhone/iPad). And if they want to keep it at an affordable price and a large capacity, it'll stay the same size.
  3. Qartin

Qartin Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I know they used to realease those iPod Minis but release this one, as an update from that. Like re-introduce it.
  4. luke80

luke80 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Agree with number 3 - it would have been perfect then.
  5. touchfan092

touchfan092 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    1. 5th gen nano had a camera, what they could've added was the ability to take still shots
    2. the mini has already existed; they could've called it the micro, however
    3. I agree with this wholeheartedly though I am still happy with what they did
    4. since it uses a hard drive still the size can't change much. and they have no major reason to update it since it works well as is and sales of the classic are much much lower since they target people with massive music and video libraries who want to carry the whole thing around all the time, which is a fairly small group relative to the people who buy the other types of iPods these days.
  6. mohaas05

mohaas05 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    1. They're pushing the nano as only for music, and everything else to the touch.
    2. Already was an iPod mini. No, for reasons above.
    3. Maybe, but it wouldn't look as nice.
    4. The Classic is at a good point really where Apple doesn't need to do anything to it. As long as Apple can keep buying those small hard drives, they'll keep making Classics.
  7. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    1. It would be nice, but Apple has other things in store for it.

2. iPod Mini has already existed in the past (And has since been discontinued)

3. It would be nice, but will probably never happen. Apple has never liked FM radio... The 2G (I don't know about 3G) has an FM radio chip (coupled with Wi-Fi and bluetooth), just no antenna. If Apple wanted FM radio, they would've done it by now.

4. The internal harddrives on the Classics haven't been updated, nor does Toshiba plan on updating it. No update = no smaller sizes = no redesign. Also they didn't sell enough to give it a redesign (Apple's trying to push Flash memory over HDD). The Classic can use a Firmware update with updated UIs though. But prices will not change... Just won't happen.

*Personal note: They really shouldn't have done anything different (except in the case of the Nano, that's my opinion). I think we got just about everything we wanted. Especially with the iPod Touch.
  8. GazaIan

GazaIan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    The iPod Nano already had a camera...
  9. MrNuggets

MrNuggets Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    why dont you work at apple so you can create and edit their products? apple makes products that they think are good for the consumer, not what the consumer wants.
    thats how apple works.

Please Register or Log in to view images