They say ....

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Wesche, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Wesche

Wesche New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    They say that if you jailbreak ipod it will ruin and and void guaranty, well, has anyone's ipod gotten all mest up, and you coudnt restore it, or something really bad happend ?
  2. iberras

iberras New Member

you can restore your ipod and jailbreack is gone and you can exchange it with no problems. But its ovious that your waranty in gone
  3. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

It's almost impossible to brick your iPod. Jailbreaking does void your warranty, but if there is a problem, do either a restore or force restore and send it to Apple. They wouldn't know if it was jailbroken or not! You would technically still have your warranty.
  4. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

But what if someone from Apple is on these forums as we speak?
  5. Assassin Sheepdog

Assassin Sheepdog New Member

well are you going to send it to them with a note saying: "Hi, I'm Masky64 from ifans.com"? Chances are you won't, and even if you feel like being an idiot and doing so, they will not have any proof that what you said is true. Trust me, they are not going to track you down and crap. As long as you use common sense, they will have no idea.
  6. blajeans

blajeans New Member

does a jailbreak actually leave anything behind?? you know like when you take photos on a memory card and you delete them, you can still recover them if they are not overwritten yet... is that the same with the jailbreak?? i doubt that apple would actually try to find out, but would it be possible?? or does a restore delete absolutely anything??

that might even be important if you want to sell your ipod one day... would anyone be possible to restore personal data like your contacts??...
  7. Wesche

Wesche New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no, restoring it, is like getting a new one, it leaves nothing behind
  8. termin8or123

termin8or123 New Member

Yea, stop getting all worked up! Relax, and jailbreak. Ride the wave, and let the precuations go. Nothing can ever happen to your iPod, and if there is a mishap... Restore, it's easy and fast. So just relax. phew
  9. kitren2

kitren2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I askedan apple employee about the jailbreaking thing and he had no clue what so ever what it was also he said doing that stuff wouldn't void the warrenty.
  10. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

You're wrong. Just because an Apple employee might not know of the jailbreak doesn't mean it's fine. I am also not saying, "Oh, don't jailbreak, it'll void your warranty!" He might not know diddley squat about what a jailbreak is...

Just do it, and if you need to send it to Apple, restore it. "Like it never even happened..."