There needs to be an age limit.

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by Cam, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Cam

Cam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I seriously think that this board needs an age limit. In the past month, I've seen so many people asking dumb questions, requesting illegal content, and breaking many of the noob rules (Saying "iTouch", Asking for ridiculous apps, trolling, etc). A lot of these people are kids, as their "About Me", and Usernames suggest. *Cough*TouchKid 2.0*Cough*

I think that there should at least be a 13 or 15 year old age limit. The amount of people like this is only going to increase.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    One Problem: How many people tell the truth about their own age on the internet?
  3. SUPERBXD

SUPERBXD Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ^ true . Many people won't even tell anything special about themselves.
  4. Hiratai

Hiratai Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm really 67, and pass as a 19 year old.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. tylobedo

tylobedo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i do i am 187 years old
  6. 48days

48days Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Maturity doesn't automatically come with age, I mean seriously we've all seen the jpga vs Chucky episodes, and they're both well over 20, and, as Tes, said previously, I'm sure a twelve year old could figure out that to get past the "you are not old enough to participate of this forum"
  7. carlos!

carlos! Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    noobs will be noobs. end of story
    it seems to me that the mods and admins are more concerned about enforcing stupid rules than a million stupid threads.
  8. cripesonfriday

cripesonfriday New Member

Stupid doesn't have an age limit.

A better suggestion would be to stop people from starting threads until they have a certain number of posts under their belt, even if all they do is troll the boards building up post counts some of them would at least learn how to search and may actually figure out how to do something.

200 posts would sort it all out IMHO
  9. Bibbi Bokken

Bibbi Bokken New Member

tahts prty samrt
  10. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    This has already been requested before, and It isn't going to happen.

Sure there are plenty of noobs out there...That doesn't mean its because of their age. Most of the post's today, that are dumb are people who are extremely new to the forums, iPod Touch's and iPhones. You cannot single out a whole part of this community because of others wrong doing. The day 2.0 came out there were TONS of new people coming to the forums asking questions that can be answered by just mere commonsense. Look at my signature for example.

My opinion is no matter what there is going to be pointless, noobish, and dumb questions on the forums from time to time. Most of the time its someone new to Jailbreaking. Just deal with it, be nice, and if they aren't trying to be funny help them out.