There is no SIM card installed in the iPhone..too bad its a ipt2g?!?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by mydrewbe, Jun 17, 2009.

1. mydrewbe

mydrewbe Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    um i come back from eating dinner and my ipod touch has been plugged into my computer and i move the mouse to stop the screen saver and i have a message saying my device could not sync with sync services or something. then behind it. it says "There is no SIM card installed in the iPhone you are attempting to activate. please disconnect and insert a SIM card in your iphone." THE WEIRD THING IS....my device is a ipod touch 2G on 3.0, any body else have this wierd thing happen.
  2. chillaxtian

chillaxtian New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    lol were you trying to install the firmware from somewhere besides itunes? you likely got a iphone firmware if so
  3. irish_rebel9988

irish_rebel9988 Banned

u clearly were downloading illegally and downloaded the iphoen firmware so restore and install ipod touch 2g one
  4. mydrewbe

mydrewbe Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    nope. i had the ipod 3.0 GM because i have a dev account. then a restored to the firmware i downloaded from apple today. the ipod one. i know it was it because ia paid for it. and its been fine since one. then i come back. plug my ipod in. i was using it during the day. two min later i come back and i have that error. wasnt in recovery or anything. i unplugged it and plugged it back in and it said it was an ipod again. i can show you. how do you add a print screen into a post.
    it wont copy in
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    and you cant install the iphone firmware anyways. itunes recongizes your device.
  5. irish_rebel9988

irish_rebel9988 Banned

if u have a dev account u dont have to pay for the firmware

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. legendarytrainer

legendarytrainer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    his problem is plausible. my itunes once or twice recognized my ipod as an iphone, complete with ringtone selections. so here are the two possibilities:

1. itunes recognized his ipod touch as an iphone and he didnt realize it said iphone, and itunes downloaded the iphone software and upgraded it with that and now he's screwed,

or

2. hes a pirating bastard and now he's screwed.

what shall it be boys and girls?
  7. Roondog12355

Roondog12355 Member

Device:
    Nexus 7
    lol i'll take number1!