"There is a problem with iPhone"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by supersour1, Oct 11, 2010.

1. supersour1

supersour1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Tried updating an iPhone 3g from 3.0>4.1 but got this :

"There is a problem with your Iphone. We’re sorry, the iphone you connected maybe be damaged and cannot be activated for service. We recommend you visit your nearest Apple store for more information."

Now, I have an AT&T sim card but it won't let me activate my phone. I believe it is because my phone was jailbroken then updated causing this error? Since it didn't let me update and gave me the error message, I jailbroke and hacktivate it with redsn0w so it works...but the hacktivate disables my AT&T sim card..as in no reception.

I guess the only thing to do is wait for the 5.14.02 baseband unlock to come out? I tried bringing it to the apple store, no dice due to no warranty.
  2. supersour1

supersour1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  3. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't think your phone is locked to ATT. Where did you get it from? Also the jailbreak didn't cause this.
  4. iC57

iC57 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Perhaps he had a sim card w/o a data plan? (this requires an unlock)
  5. supersour1

supersour1 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This. My sim card doesn't have a data plan...so that means I can't activate it? I can hacktivate it using it just fine though no service due to AT&T sim card & there's no unlock yet. So I think the unlock next month will solve everything...