There has got to be twenty different dfu problems

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dnickols, Mar 23, 2009.

1. dnickols

dnickols New Member

With all the help posts everyone shoots up on to this forum, I hate to add another. I'm running xp, libusb and itunes 8 are installed. I have a semi-jailbroken ipod touch 2g, this means every time i turn it off and I want it jailbroken i have to use decovery. And this is where the problem begins. I had some trouble at first getting xp to not see the ipod as a digital camera, fixed that. And libusb wouldn't see the ipod in dfu mode, got it work once not sure what i did caused it to work though. But now(and I'm not sure that they are related) xp see the ipod as a camera and libusb doesn't see it in dfu mode. Now to explain a couple of things that may help me later. I know how to put it into dfu mode. Hold the power and home for ten seconds or until you here the computer chyme. Then release the power button and hold the home button for another ten seconds or until the computer chymes again then release. Here i have a problem, I don't hear the second normal chyme, i hear the quick dun dun dun, I have no clue what that means. And itunes and libusb have been properly installed, and unistalled, and reinstalled. And that is when I got to restore it last time but now that doesn't work. So please if someone can tell me exactly what is wrong i would be grateful for their help, thank you.
  2. aaron11193

aaron11193 New Member

We need some paragraphs up in this b*tch.
  3. eric780

eric780 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    the chime is supposed to be a dun dun, just fyi.
    My ipod used to be detected as a camera, now it's an ipod for some reason

Please Register or Log in to view images

either itunes 8.1 or the jailbreak.
  4. StaticFX

StaticFX New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    after the second "dun"s open the device manager and look in the USB section... what is the ipod listed as (It should tell you what mode its in)

also, reboot and try a different USB port. that has been know to work. Really though. Your goal should be to do a full restore... then do the untethered JB. then you wont have the reboot issue ever.