Themes.

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by PeacePotAndMicrodot, Sep 13, 2009.

1. PeacePotAndMicrodot

PeacePotAndMicrodot New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just got my iPod touch 2nd generation the other day for my birthday. I've never had an iPhone, and I just had a regular little iPod before I got this, so I really suck at figuring out my iPod.
    I managed to jailbreak it after three hours last night. Now, I seem to be stuck at not being able to get a theme onto it like I want to. I tried to read the other threads, but I mean, I'm really a n00b when it comes to this. I need more simple instructions than people are giving in other threads.

Help me out, people!
  2. The_OneDa

The_OneDa New Member

Well you need to install winterboard, after that try downloading some themes through Cydia, try getting one called Matte Nano or Thirty Two.
  3. fi2-shift

fi2-shift New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well, first HELLO

Please Register or Log in to view images

Now, it's very simple, you can go and check some youtube tutorials, since you are watching how they do it you can follow step by step

, i think my pet dog is able to set up a theme if he watches a youtube tutorial

w/e. first, go to cydia, search for "winterboard", download it, then go to cydia or icy, and search for "Themes", hundreds, maybe thousands of themes will pop up, start downloading whichever you like, when you are done or you are tired of cydia's slowliness, then go to your homescreen look for winterboard app, then check or uncheck your new themes, press home button and it will respring, when done you'll have your ipod customized.

If you manage to find some themes in the web you like, then you must connect you ipod to your PC or Mac, using Winscp or similar, I personally prefer something called DiskAid, google it, you don't need to set-up passwords and those stuff, just plug and play, when done, got to this path var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx (where "x's" are random characters) drop you .theme file there, go to winterboard and check it, that;s it

hope it helps

4. PeacePotAndMicrodot

PeacePotAndMicrodot New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay, so, I've gotten all the way up to going to this: var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx

I need to know, is that on my iPod that I'll be doing this? Or is it my web browser, or the program, DiskAid that I go there on?
  5. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    ^^
    Download iFunBox its quicker and better.