Themes. It's NOT possible

Discussion in 'iPhone OS 3.0 - March 17th 2009 Preview Event' started by dualcorex, Mar 12, 2009.

1. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

Apple will never make themeing for the iPhone allowed. Get it out of your head

#1 Who will make the themes?
    #2. There are THOUSANDS of apps in the app store. How will a person making themes make a matching icon for every app?
    #3 Honestly, cmon think about it. Its not going to happen
  2. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    all they have to do is enable the ability to do it and then sell an app giving us access to that single part of the drive to create and add our own. Actually it could be integrated into iTunes to remove the need to ssh at all. It's always possible if they can figure out a way to make money by doing it.
  3. DHowett

DHowett New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    1. I take it that you do realize that there are already people making themes?
    2. These people (and a wide community of themers) are also making thousands of icons for thousands of applications.
    3. Give better reasons.
  4. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

Its impossible for themers to create matching icons for all the apps. otherwise you end up with some apps not matching=not good looking
  5. Vesper

Vesper Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    it would work the same way it does now. If there is a specific app that you'd like an icon for a specific theme, you request it or make it yourself. Simple.
  6. i-d1ckies

i-d1ckies Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    Apple's idea of a theme won't include icons, they don't care that much about a feature like this. If anything all they'd allow would be wallpapers, docks and UI elements
  7. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No they would have done that already.

Or mabye they are waiting

GEN 3 WALLPAPERS!!

GEN 4 FLASH!!!! oh no wait that's never...

SAD......
  8. igeoffrey

igeoffrey Member

Device:
    iPad
    your right i dont see themes happening
  9. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    1) people will make themes and then submit it to apple. if apple considers it a well done theme they will put it in a store.
    2) when you purchase an app it gives you a code that allows you to access a server on apple.com or w/e that allows you to request, post, and download different icons for themes. there for you can request it and then anybody can create it and finally you or anyone else can download it.
    3) its a way to make money and it will cut down jailbreaks. i know i wouldn't jailbreak
  10. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

it would be illegal possibly to display an icon for appstore apps other than the ones provided by the developers. by themes, im just asking for a springboard background. nothing more