Themes from Installer not showing up in Summerboard 1.1.4

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by KStarfire, Mar 7, 2008.

1. KStarfire

KStarfire New Member

I wonder why?
  2. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    For me, the solution is manually moving the theme files from root to mobile. Coz I tried installing the SMB fix which supposed to fix the root>mobile thing and it doesn't work.
  3. JOS

JOS Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yongkykun, how did you get summerboard to be "active" on 1.1.4? I know that it can be active when you change the springboard file permissions to 775, but that RUINS my mail app and mobile notes. I get the same problem on 1.1.3. So I ask... hooow?? lol.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks.

Written from my iPod Touch!
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You can move them or use a symlink. There was a app in installer called Symbolic Link Application Fix that did it for you but not sure if it's there anymore
  5. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Actually it was quite effortless for me. All I did was JB with ZiPhone 2.4, and then install BSD subsystem, AFC2 fix, SUID Lib Fix (doesn't work), term-vt100 (doesn't work either), and then I went on and install Summerboard 3.2.
    After I install it, I thought that I can't get it to work, because every theme that I download doesn't appear in the list, but then I find out about the directory mix up between root and mobile, so I move the theme files manually using iPhoneBrowser and it's running rather perfectly to this day.
    Though I can get summerboard to work, I can't get Customize to work even though I've tried using 1.1.4 compatibility patch. But I guess I just need to wait about a week for spicychicken to release the customize for 1.1.4.
  6. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Oh yeah, note that I didn't change the springboard permission, in fact the only file permission changing that I ever did was for my ROMs directory. So the problem, I'm guessing is that you need to try and uninstall it first, use the 1.1.4 compatibility patch, install summerboard, and then uninstall 1.1.4 compatibility patch. Hopefully you can get an active summerboard.
  7. Steven R

Steven R New Member

all you have to do to get mail and notes working is to go to /var/mobile/library
    delete the notes folder for starters then copy your mail folder from this directory to your desktop, delete the mail folder in your iPod and then put this copied mail folder back in. Bingo
  8. cupthehand

cupthehand New Member

This has worked perfectly for me! Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. silverstrike

silverstrike New Member

i jailbreaked with ziphone.org for my 1.1.4.
    i cant get the springboard to work either. im not much with techy stuff, so could sum1 pretty much gimma a step-by-step way of gettin it to work, cus i dun rlly understand wat u guys have dun.
  10. muleman

muleman New Member

The SMB fix in tweaks 1.1.3 worked for me. Everytime I DL a new theme, I have to uninstall the "fix". then installer.app will let me "install" it again and after a phone reboot, all is well.

iPhone 8gig upgraded to 1.1.4 then JB with Zibri 2.6