Themeing 2.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Frozen72, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Frozen72

Frozen72 New Member

Am I going to have to wait for 2.1 to be jailbroken or do you think that Apple will allow people to create themes? They could market them though the AppStore. I would pay to have the option to theme on a non-jailbroken iPod Touch.
  2. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    since when has apple really ever allowed THAT much customization, no, it will not happen, the most apple gives us for customiztion is wiggly icons
  3. alanftw

alanftw New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I guess eventually something like this will pop up in the appstore. When I jailbroke my iPod the only things i actually found useful were spring/winterboard.
  4. rileyman

rileyman Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    sony allows it, i dont see y apple wont ever allow it, it is most likely because developers make there own icons.
  5. Frozen72

Frozen72 New Member

They could make more money and everyone loves more money.
  6. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Because it would change the Apple Experience, and THAT is forbidden. It's the same reason Safari's the only browser you'll see on an iPod that's officially approved by Apple - customizing beyond moving icons around is a big no-no, since it means you don't all have the same YouTube icon anymore.
  7. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

2.1 was supposed to have a feature where you could set a wallpaper as the background, but then again we dont have a copy and paste feature either...

effin jobs
  8. Dave C

Dave C New Member

I'll take a stable firmware anyday instead of themes
  9. goorioles747

goorioles747 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    people need to understand it is NOT POSSIBLE to get something like winterboard on the app store. Not because its hard, but because it violates APPLE's EULA and SDK restrictions which restrict an app to its own .app folder which also explains why copy and paste will not work. The shared space that was going to be used for copy and paste is not even accessible anymore. All in all, jailbreak it and use the best of both worlds. It is IMPOSSIBLE to brick a touch, and restoring it leaves no trace, so go for it!
  10. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

Im not upgrading until is jailbroken