Theme Review: Project 144 A 1 A

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by 1Nation, Jan 26, 2010.

1. 1Nation

1Nation New Member

(In name of thread 144 should be 441!)
    Hey guys, hope I'm in the right spot here, just wanted to give you guys a quick review of the "Project 441 A 1 A" theme, found on Cydia for use with winterboard. For OS 2.*.* and 3.*.*
    *=any number.

OK,

So, looking at the screenshots on Cydia, and reading the description really hypes this theme. It seems really original and also seems to have a lot of neat features making it easy to use, fun, and cool looking. It's far from any of these things, and unfortunately, I paid for it. (literally)

The Lock Screen was well done and my excitement mounted:

Please Register or Log in to view images

The first thing I saw after the unlock was scary, a big glitchy mess, obviously, no time was put into error-testing this theme:

Numerous reboots/resprings/reinstalls never solved the problem.
    (The theme claims compatibility with 3.*.* and 2.*.*)

in the screen-shots it looks to have cool menu navigation kind of PSP style, but these are just defective, clunky, background images of sorts. Also there are no such features as "Launcher"
    As seen behind these apps:

Nothing on this theme seems to work properly and they didn't even skin the Safari or Music and other essentials like calender icons! Even the junkiest of free themes have that! And they skinned the calculator App extremely nicely but not the icon, seriously what the heck?

Safari/Music/Other essential icons not skinned:

Calculator:

Also note the slick clock bar they added, truly redundant of the status bar, and covered by apps and here by the search bar:

(Also not the lame default keyboard still there)

Also, when charging the slick battery bar comes up but the unlock button disappears, same thing during sync:

Well, all I can say is that this theme is junk, I was considered fully compatible and had no other extensions that could interfere with this, not even SBSettings. Don't waste your money on "The most anticipated theme of 2010". An absolute dissapointment, hopefully we will receive an update to make this theme the least bit functional, until then, don't touch Project 441 A 1 A with a 10 foot long pole.

Tests performed on iPod touch 1G 2.2.1 2G 3.0.0 2G 3.1.0 and iPhone 3G 3.1.2 and 3G 3.1.2 -- same results.
    Screenshots gathered from iPhone 3G.
  2. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    did you follow the instructions at all??

go to imatt.co.tv THERE IS A SETUP REQUIRED ITS NOT JUST GOING TO MAGICALLY WORK

ive been using this theme since it was released and i have to say it is amazing, i love everything about it

also bt the icons arent meant to be themed, the small icons you see ARE the launcher ( if you'd read the intructions you woulda realised that) Use your eyes
  3. GregoryFire

GregoryFire New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You should fix the second picture.

Also, were there any instructions that came with it? Because sometime you have to set up the themes for them to work.
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    2 of your screenshots have been removed because there was an icon that promotes piracy of applications.
  5. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    lol yes there was a lot of instructions on imatt.co.tv