Theme problem

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by baicunko, Mar 8, 2009.

1. baicunko

baicunko New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    hello to everybody, im new on all this of theming but i got some skills in computer.
    i uploaded homescreen_2.0 to my jailbroken ipod touch 2g but when it comes to the lock screen, i can still see the slide to unlock and the date overloops with the theme.
    the problem is i got my ipod in english but i live in chile, in which spanish is spoken, for some reason my date is shown in spanish even though my ipod is fully in english
    anybody can help me with those issues?
    thanks in advance

also, is there any way to make the weather widget remember the week forecast so when im without wifi i can still see it?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    didn't the homescreen 2.0 come with a en.plist or something like that? cuz from what i know, you are suppose to put that in the frameworks so ur lockscreen doesn't show the default time and date

unfortunately, i do not use this widget so i dont know any more than that. I suggest you go back to where you got it from and see if you missed a step. Most of the time there will be some sort of plist you have to replace for it to work properly. And for different language, i think you have to modify the html although im not completely sure. Perhaps someone with better knowledge on this topic can help

as for the wifi, i thought since u had iphone u didn't need wifi to update the weather. Can't 3G or Edge do that for u when you don't have wifi. Again this is one of the reason why i dont have those weather widget on my ipod. Since i'm not always at place with wifi, there's no point in having weather forecast if it is not up to date and accurate
  3. baicunko

baicunko New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    aint got iphone, just a modded ipod touch 2g

Please Register or Log in to view images

yes, it came with an archive, replaced it where it was supposed to hide the date so the theme one would work but it stayed the same
    as for the slide to unlock i have never been able to hide it using any kind of theme
    any suggestion?
  4. crovian

crovian Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i'm not sure on this so you dont have to believe me
    but i think that you can't install themes/widgets on ipod 2gen the same way you would on first gen. I think it should be different somehow, which is why it doesn't look correct on yours cuz if i did it the same way on my first gen, it would work.

So make sure that process for theming for first gen and second gen is same. I have first gen so i'm not really knowledgeable on second gen
  5. baicunko

baicunko New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    fixed the date overloop, for some reason in settings it was set to show the date in spanish, changed to english and got fixed.
    same as the slide to unlock.
    if anyone is having the same error just ask
    u need to have regional format set as USA
    Thanks