Theme help

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by usnseals17, Aug 22, 2009.

1. usnseals17

usnseals17 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok i have been working on my theme all day and when i get every single icon on my ipod done i test it. the icons are not showing up. they are all pngs. on my ipod it just has the name of the icon and above nothing.

whenever i click on the icon image on my mac it opens up photoshop not preview, i just got photoshop like a week ago and this is really my first time actually using it. i have had gimp before and when i saved an image it was "abcd.png" and it worked fine. now when ever i save an image in photoshop this happens. i beleive this is the problem do i need to convert the images to something else or do something different when i save them in photoshop?

i really want to get this done the theme in my opinion looks great and i really like it the icons just need to work then i make some more things and ill release it please help i will give credit to who ever helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    are you using winterboard?

do you have the correct folder structure for your theme?

var/stash/Themes.xxxxxx/YOUR THEME/Icons
  3. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ^Check that first.

And to ease your worries: If you make something in Photoshop it default opens inn Photoshop regardless of the extension. But instead of simply changing the extension (ie in Gimp you just save as icon.gimp file -> icon.png and it'll make it png) you have to go to the pull down menu and select png (there's most likely a way to have it default save that way).
  4. usnseals17

usnseals17 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yes i have that done

ok i found it i was looking all over for that pull down but i finally found it

Please Register or Log in to view images

thank you it works now!