Theme Forum Rules

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by studangerous, Sep 29, 2009.

1. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The themes and customization section at iFans is a great place to discover the latest wallpapers, custom boot logos, themes, and other user interface tweaks for your jailbroken iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. That being said, there are a few light rules that must be adhered to in this section:
    • No screenshots containing piracy - The presence of icons for jailbreak applications that support or encourage piracy of App Store applications is forbidden. iFans has a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to piracy, so we do not want to see any screenshots that contain pirated apps or apps that allow you to install pirated apps.
    • Post your screenshots, wallpapers, and logos in the proper sticky threads - We have a few official threads in this customization section to post your screenshots, wallpapers, boot logos, icons, and other graphics. You must post this material in these sticky threads only and may not create a new thread primarily to show off your newly themed device, etc. These sticky threads are for posting screenshots and other graphics only, not for off-topic chat. Requests must be made in the designated requests thread.
    • Posting up themes that are not entirely your own work requires that you obtain permission from the original creator to use their work, or, at the very least, you reference the work and cite the creator and source. If you do not take direct permission and the original creator asks you to remove their work you must comply with their request immediately and without argument.
    • This is a themes section, an area of general creativity. If you ask for feedback on your work, be aware that this feedback can be positive or negative. While we would hope that any negative feedback is constructive, it may not always be the case. If you have requested feedback and it is negative, you must willing to accept it. No flaming, trolling or abuse should ever be directed towards a user who is leaving feedback. If the feedback is offensive or violates the forum rules, simply report it and the site moderators will deal with the issue accordingly.
    • No NFR shots.
    Failure to comply with these rules will result in a rule reminder or infraction at moderator discretion. We want the themes and customization section to be a fun place for everyone to unleash their creative side, so it is best that everyone adheres to these rules to make that possible. Thank you for reading and remember to check back periodically for any possible rule adjustments.

Cheers,
    iFans staff
    (Last updated 27 May 2012)
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Good Stuff Stu! Glad you made this - But lets hope it works!
  3. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've got a big ban hammer so I'll make it work! I'm fed up with immature members playing up and wasting both mine and the other moderator's time that could be better spent helping people and providing new site content.
  4. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Can we also have a ban on OS themes? lol... The number of Mac OS X Leopard and Windows XP and Windows Vista themes I've seen in my lifetime is enough to drive anyone crazy!

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    This was DESPERATELY needed.
  6. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Agree.
  7. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yup, agree negative comments. But constructive criticism.
  8. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Just to chime in here as well, I want to emphasize that we are VERY serious about these added rules and will be enforcing them strictly.
  9. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Thank you. I am sick of people posting stuff like "What do you think? (If you don't like it don't post)". Or when people take crazy reactions to criticism.

On the whole, the theme section needed some more enforcement, and this does it perfectly.
  10. Gershmer

Gershmer Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you don't like 'em, don't look.
    Besides, what if someone made an G1 Theme (Android OS)?
    Plenty of people would use that...