The Worlds Worst Ipod Touch Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by jio110890, Feb 1, 2009.

1. jio110890

jio110890 New Member

OK...Here it is..the worlds worst prob..My girlfriend had gotten an ipod touch(first generation made) 8 gig...and the first thing i did when i saw it was jailbreak it at 1.1.1 and got her a whole shizzle load of apps,homebrew...emulators with roms that she owns...yes she has snes games..anyways...so I decided after like all these nedd ipsw's that came out...why should she upgrade and then jailbreak it!So i get the ipod touch and upgrade it to 2.0!But it wouldnt jailbreak?so i look up how to downgrade and I've done it all bro...DFU mode...recovery mode...I've tried each type of recovery in itunes 7.5/7.7/8.0 I've tried different firmwares like 1.1.4 but i always end up with errors like error 6,1 when in recovery but I always get 1602,1604...etc. in DFU mode...only firmware i can recover to is 2.0/2.02 for sum reason!!!IVE UBER PISSED OFF you have no idea!!!i tied uninstalling itunes and reinstalling rebooting when asked...its not a hardware prob because it restores on later versions..and when i try to jailbreak on 2.0/2.02 it won't work...Ziphone..winpwn...quickpwn..EVERYTHING...Ive been late to work 3 days in a row trying to fix this..and I've tried every solution possible..I have read your forums for a while now and many others..I tried even to recover to a custom IPSW...doesnt work either...Honestly bro...Whoever can figure this out is.....the Dark Alex of the Ipod Touch..dont no if u guys have psp's so...maybe u wont get that joke...but HELP ME ZOMG!!!!

BTW I might buy myself a itouch but only if i could fix this prob.I luv my GF so we need 2 think of sumthin...also the reason its posted on 2.0 is cuz it only works on this firmware or a later version..its on 2.0 right now
  2. Poopymath

Poopymath New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Plug in the iPod, and open up iTunes 8.0 just click restore in iTunes. Don't try anything fancy.
    So now you've restored to basic 2.2 firmware, download quickpwn and follow directions from there.
  3. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Expanding on Poopymath's advice, once you're back to 2.2, follow this guide: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115155
  4. jio110890

jio110890 New Member

ok..Thanks for the advice I will keep you guys posted for any progress,but would there be any way to downgrade to 1.1.4 because I want all that homebrew.Also...your forum is awesome
  5. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That would be redsnow for 2g
    and iphone dev twam for 1g.

Please Register or Log in to view images

i get the joke. Sorry man i don't really understand what happened, can you explain it a bit more clear?
  6. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Almost everything from 1.1.x has been taken onto 2.2 all your emulators still exist.
  7. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    As Zunepod said, most that was available is now on 2.2, and there is close to zero being done to anything from 1.1.4 and earlier. You'll never see updates again.
  8. deadfire55

deadfire55 Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just stay on 2.2 and jailbreak with QuickPwn. Like everyone else said, everything on 1.x.x firmwares is already on 2.x firmwares.
  9. breakkdown

breakkdown Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You're calling your issue, "The World's Worst Ipod Touch Problem" on a website of Ipod touch fans... Trust me, we've seen worse.
  10. Andrew2

Andrew2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    aha true