The World's Greatest CHOPPER Review!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by russiaone, Jul 20, 2008.

1. russiaone

russiaone New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hello, iPod touch Fans....

It is I, RussiaOne, here to provide you with the World's Greatest CHOPPER Review. Take a look-see at the screenie below. See the Chopper icon? That's the game I'm talking about. Go ahead. Take a look.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Did you like the nice icon? I think it fits nicely. Now, get ready for the World Premier of the World's Greatest CHOPPER Review. Be careful. You might hurt yourself.

So, when you click on the icon there really isn't a front-end. There is no presentational spark (no cinematics, no music, no... anything). What you DO get is this:

You get a choice of New Game, Load Saved, and High Scores.

New Game is (duh!) is what you pressed to start a new game. Load Saved is what you pressed to start a new game. You get eight save game slots, BTW. High Scores what you press to access a list of YOUR high scores. There is NO internet compatibility. Fuggetaboutit. Just, fugget it.

So, for the sake of this World's Greatest Chopper Review, I pressed New Game. Let's see what happens:

Hmmm, this looks familiar. Which one will you choose? Well, touch Fans, I've already played the game through to completion on Normal. Do yourself a favor and start the game on Hard. The difficulty settings= Normal-Easy, Hard-Normal, Harder-Harder. Okay, lets move on... I don't have all day... Wait a minute, I do. Anyway... Choose your difficulty and move on...

The next screen is basically a briefing. You DO know what a briefing is, don't you? The developers saw fit to include a rudimentary backstory to each level. Honestly, they could've left it out. But whatever. Moving on, people. Moving on...

This is what you're greeted with when you first enter CHOPPER. As you can see from the above screenie, it doesn't look half-bad for a mobile game. The colors are bright and the chopper model is nicely-detailed. I especially like the propeller animation. The style reminds me of a side-scrolling version of EA's Desert Strike series of games for the Sega Genesis.

You play the game using the powers of the Grecian god Accelerometer. Tilt the iPod/iPhone left and right. Press the bomb and machine gun buttons located on the top left and top right corner of your device to thawrt the evil no-name group of thugs. You can press the Pause button at any point to save your progresss. Also, if you pause and hit the home button, when you resume the game you'll start where you left off and not have to load. But were talking a scant few seconds.

Now, what I'm not showing in this review are the weapons attachments. Why, you ask? Because I would have to disconnect my touch from my comp and then upload the pictures to the comp and then to photobucket... Man, even writing that sh*t was boring... Moving on poste haste...

So, you see the above shot? You save those people from the evil tanks and Islamic extremists. That's me saving Barack Obama and bringing him back to the US Embassy. Not really, but I have a good imagination. Once, I imagined Michael Jackson was black again.

Complete a level and you're presented with this nice piece of production work.
    Now, I didn't really pay attention to how many levels there are, but there aren't very many... About 25-30. That's NOT worth $7.99. At least not on Normal, it ain't. I truly hope there is an update and that it's FREE.

OVERALL, I must say that the quality of the graphics is commendable for this first-gen App Store game. The sound effects are sparse. But hell, you guys ever play iCopter? That game looked like bullsh*t, but was very addictive. AND it had NO sound. Did it? I can't remember. There is some strategy to be found and there are some awesome-looking weather effects.

Should you buy this game? If you're gonna play it on Hard or Harder, yes. Just pray for an update. More levels would be suh-weet.

A Three Out of Five

2. 1adam1

1adam1 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ha ha! Good review!
  3. krammis76

krammis76 New Member

So what about gameplay and things like that? Most reviews at least talk about how to play the game.
  4. RenegadeKrogan

RenegadeKrogan Banned

Nice review....a little too much in-depth for a simple game!

5. bkram1

bkram1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I love chopper but it will never beat iCopter!