The way i got it worked (error 16xx, 06, 04,)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by wza, Jul 25, 2008.

1. wza

wza New Member

Since i got a Sh** load of errors doing the jailbreak of 2.0 but finally got it working, i though this could help some people.

First uninstal everything (itunes, Winpwn)
    DELETE every folder related to those ( In AppData Local AND Roaming for vista) And i mean EVERYTHING (think that is the key of the whole things)
    Do a search of Itunes, apple and CMW to make sure every things is ereased. DELETE EVERYTHING
    **REBOOT** (another important step)
    Install Itunes 7.7
    Install Winpwn

Download the 2.0 firmwire (by itunes or whatever source you want, though i got it worked with itunes so .....)
    Open winpwn (i didn't need to run it as admin ....)
    Open IPSW 2.0
    KILL everything that relate to itunes in the task manager
    Build IPSW (i did NOT use any logo or bootscreen)
    (i used all the default folder to save the ipsw)
    Then IPWNER.
    Once you got the message that Itunes AS BEEN pwned
    Close Winpwn
    Start itunes
    Put your ipod in DFU (i'm not gonna get into that but if you have been trying to dfu and Stillgot the itunes logo .... maybe it's time to forget about jailbreaking and go back playing with your barbies dolls that stuff is really aint for you)
    In itunes Shift+Restore, select the Custom ipsw (remember where Winpwn saved it)

So that is how i got it working, i really think that the key in that process is to delete EVERYTHING that relate to itunes and winpwn before starting. I was about to format and reinstall windows to make sure... LOL just laughing

REMEMBER this is how I got it working.... it worth trying but no need to flame if you still have trouble.....

BTW 30minutes after jailbreaking the 2.0 i went back to 1.1.4 (missed my parking lot game!!!!) So it may not worth all the trouble for now since only an handfull of apps are available for now (only one game, the gba emu) maybe with the Installer 4.0 we'll see more....

Regards

And sorry for the spelling i'm only a frenchie !!!! who still struggle speaking english even after a full year in calgary!!!!
  2. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I'm not going to flame you, but that should be HAS BEEN.
  3. pronk

pronk Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    on my pc (xp) i got errors and stuff
    but on my dad's pc (vista) everything worked fine
  4. fruitfulzenship

fruitfulzenship New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just a question, do you connect your ipod when Winpwn is building the firmware? Because if you do you trigger off the AppleMobileDevice.exe(i think its called that) and then it might screw up the thing.
  5. wza

wza New Member

do you do a search for iTunes and cmw before reinstalling... You got to make sure that there is no trace left from any previous install
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    look at my steps. Istart winpwn THEN kill iTunes