The Watchmen Trailer

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by Danls92, Jul 19, 2008.

1. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The first trailer for the new Watchmen movie (slated for a 3/06/09 release) directed by Zack Snyder has been released (http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/watchmen/) and I have to say that so far it looks pretty awesome. I'm a big fan of the original, so I was a little worried that they would try to change too much, but it seems pretty true to the original (at least from the little shown) so as of now I'm exited.

If you haven't read the comic (graphic novel for any purists), read it.
  2. kridix

kridix Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah i saw the preview before seeing Dark Knight and it looked pretty good but i didn't know anything about the story line or what the Watchmen are so, i'm not as excited. I think i'll go google it and see if i can read a comic or two.
  3. Danls92

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just buy the book with all the comics, you won't regret it.

Here's a brief description of it (thanks to Wikipedia):

Watchmen is set in 1985, in an alternative history United States where costumed adventurers are real and the country is edging closer to a nuclear war with the Soviet Union (the Doomsday Clock is at five minutes to midnight). It tells the story of a group of past and present superheroes and the events surrounding the mysterious murder of one of their own. Watchmen depicts superheroes as real people who must confront ethical and personal issues, who struggle with neuroses and failings, and who—with one notable exception—lack anything recognizable as super powers. Watchmen's deconstruction of the conventional superhero archetype, combined with its innovative adaptation of cinematic techniques and heavy use of symbolism, multi-layered dialogue, and metafiction, has influenced both comics and film.
  4. kridix

kridix Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That does sound pretty cool.
  5. Turbobenni

Turbobenni New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ergo.....

Don't you love the music in this trailer? Gives me Goosebumps. Last time a trailer had such cool music was the trailer to SinCity and iron man the iron man trailers wher cool to.

In watchman i love the scene when the music goes "in your darkest hour...." and you see the scene on the graveyard, than the flametrougher and this mustach guy smiling ( reminded me of Robert Downey Jr. in Iron man

Please Register or Log in to view images

).

Ergo I love this trailer. Good music, good scenes, good editing.
  6. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

it looks kinda wierd to me. i saw the trailer too when i watched batman on saturday..
  7. Danls92

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, the music fits it perfectly. BTW, you're thinking of The Comedian (mustached man)

I can see how it would seem that way for somebody who didn't know the story. Like I said earlier, I'd definitely recommend reading the graphic novel/ comic book.