The update from apple is imminent

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by optikalefx, Oct 18, 2007.

1. optikalefx

optikalefx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    We know its coming, from apples website talking about releasing an SDK for developers to create native apps on the iphone, ending the message with this:

P.S.: The SDK will also allow developers to create applications for iPod touch.

and that is QUOTE from apples site.

So, there will obviously be an update by february... If the update allows for custom backgrounds, icons, and applications, will anyone want to hack it again?
  2. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I have a good feeling that theses Apple endorsed apps are going to sell for $$$ on I-tunes. I also know that 13 year old kids can sometimes program better apps than the big companies. I will have to see what Apple is offering, and make my decision then.
  3. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

you bet they will want to hack it! apps like iBrate wont be made by 3rd parties, only large, money making apps.

if you want small little useful apps for free you will have to jailbreak, or hope that Apple opens it competely up so that all the apps are similar to that on the Mac, where it is up to the developer whether to charge or not.
  4. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wow, this is like, the third time someone posted a thread on this... The only problem is that the Apps have to be digitally signed by Apple. You never know if it comes to a day where you have to choose between having to go with just jailbreaked apps, or legal apps.
  5. ccmn

ccmn Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Hacked oppen source is going to be better for along time. It will take a while before apple truly understands and is forced by the hackers to have these devices live upto their full potential.
  6. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well, they have to make an effort, or they may get sued. Imagine what would happen if someone manages to find out how to get songs off the iTunes Wifi music store for free without actually paying them any money? That would be insane, but who knows, anything can happen. It's just Apple, you never know when someone's gonna take a bite out of it.
  7. Rallos

Rallos New Member

That's awesome! lol

On a more serious note, I think it's most likely going to be like one of the posters above me said and apple will make you pay ridiculous amounts of money through itunes to get the apps they stripped from the iPhone, let alone any new apps developed by the big companies.
  8. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

apple is too late
    i am not paying money for iphone apps that should have already been included
    and if apple thinks i'm gonna pay money for games for a ipod touch they got another thing coming

i would assume the authentication is server side since you need an account with a credit card tied to it, they just want to charge for every little thing
    and security please thats a poor excuse
  9. Rallos

Rallos New Member

Amen, brother.
  10. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

This thread will be moved to the new apple section of the forums.