The universal home button

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by chminh, Jul 6, 2009.

1. chminh

chminh New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey guys I have an idea that I hope someone can help me do it. In my region, it's hard to buy an iPod remote (not comes with an earphone) I means it's like a blutletooth remote for iPod touch to control the music while my headphones doesn't have an in-line remote. So I need an application that do this function : when the screen is locked and off, if I press the home button, the music pause, if I press once again, it continue playing, double press next tri press prev ... something like that. But since I dunno how to program,I hope someone can help me.

Thanks.
  2. The_iPoder

The_iPoder New Member

well it has potential but you would need a app to be running even when the ipod is locked for it to work and secod of all it should have more functions
  3. Allekks

Allekks New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Or you could just double tap the home button while on the lockscreen and the controls come up like this:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Or Download Pockettouch
  4. Skeptikal

Skeptikal New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    may i ask what that theme is and where i can get it?
  5. chminh

chminh New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well that's my problem. I'm too lazy to pull the iPod out of my pocket, I want to control the music just by putting my hand into it an press something. I think that think that a program runs like a demon when iPod is locked like mquickdo can do this, just need its developer program that function.
  6. Allekks

Allekks New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Use PocketTouch

SkylarEC made it
  7. Iamzim9

Iamzim9 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That may be a problem on 3.0, I've heard PocketTouch doesn't work on it.
  8. chminh

chminh New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well the pockettouch doesn't work on firmware 3.0. And more, what I want is to control the music while ipod is in my pocket and I don't want to pull it out. So even if PocketTouch works, when iPod is in my pocket, it's hard to do those gesture correctly, or if I spill liquid in my pocket (not in my pants

Please Register or Log in to view images

) ? I'm pretty much sure iPod will go wild.
  9. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, pocket touch is the closest I've seen to what you're talking about. Hopefully SkylarEC will update it soon, but until than, you'll have to take it out of your pocket. PocketTouch is very easy to use. You just swipe left to go back, right to go forward, and tap to pause, up to turn up the volume, and down to turn down the volume. There are a few more features, but those are the important ones, and that is EASY to do unless you can't put your hand in your pocket...

Also, yes, if you spill liquid in the pocket that your iPod is in, it will "go wild" that is just common sense. Liquid and electronics don't mix.
  10. chminh

chminh New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Uhm my Ipod is OS 3.0... And I meant if I spill liquids in my pocket then if it drop on the touch's screen, iPod Touch will think that's my finger and trigger PocketTouch function. Yeah, I didn't mean a whole glass of water in to my pocket, just one drop.