The ultimate, predictable question-When can we expect another "Apple Fee"?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Ryuukumori, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

So far, we have seen two "Apple Fees" exclusively for the iPod Touch, the January App Pack and the 2.0 Firmware.

I can see already Apple would charge iPod Touch users with LARGE updates, such as new app packs and distinguishable firmwares.

Here's the ultimate question. Firmware 2.2 is fast approaching, which tells us Apple is making somewhat quick cosmetic changes. I don't see Apple charging so soon, but what do you think? Will the 2G iPod Touch possibly see 3.0 firmware in the future? How about anything else?

It's a stretch to say now, but you always see Apple releasing iPods with the updates soon after, such as the iPods with preloaded January apps in early 2008, leaving previous owners to purchase them, and the 2G with preloaded 2.1

Ideas?
  2. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'd say if they're gonna charge again, it will be for 3.0 or 2.5 if its amazingly different. Then again, there may not be a 2.5 or 3.0 to pay for anyway
  3. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    When they add support for world domination, they'll charge another $9.99
  4. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

Surely you answered your own question?

Apple are going to charge when there is a major difference in firmware. E.g. extra applications with large amounts of functionality (I can't think of any that won't be made in the appstore... plus Apple make their own apps for the appstore anyway?).
  5. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

Haha , Lol.
    Apple pretty much owns the world nowadays.
    With all their fancy DRM.
  6. twisterkyiu

twisterkyiu New Member

actually... i ahve thought about that What If question! but i am still undecided to buy firmware 2.1 yet.. since there is possible Apple gonna charge again on newer firmware~~ i want perfect and free upgrade!! (in fact, i am feeling alrite for having 1.15)