The Ultimate iPod Touch Jailbreak Guide. All Firmwares.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by gojohnnyboi, Mar 28, 2008.

1. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

Info

Last Updated:

This guide will show you how to jailbreak every firmware out for the iPod Touch, from 1.1.1 through 1.1.4. This guide will also be updated regularly with all the latest jailbreak methods and latest firmwares.

Step 1 - Downgrading ( If necessary )

In some cases, you iPod Touch will already be at a higher firmware, and will require downgrading if you wish to jailbreak 1.1.1. To do this you must put your iPod into DFU Mode, allowing you to restore to any firmware you wish. There are many ways to do this, however i recommend my method, as its completely automatic.

Gojohnnyboi's Downgrade Prep - http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/96265620/iPod_Touch_Downgrade.zip.html

Simply extract the files and click on the batch file entitled Gojohnnyboi's Downgrade Prep. This will put you into DFU Mode and you will be forced to restore in iTunes.

Now, you must download the 1.1.1 Firmware File (.ipsw).

1.1.1 Restore ipsw - http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...70927.p23dD/iPod1,1_1.1.1_3A110a_Restore.ipsw

Once downloaded, launch iTunes, and navigate to the screen displaying your iPod Touch statistics. it will say you must restore it. So, hold the SHIFT button on your keyboard and click restore. Choose the 1.1.1 file you just downloaded, and let it downgrade!

Step 2 - Jailbreaking

Ok, this is the easy part. On your iPod Touch's Safari internet browser, navigate to http://jailbreakme.com. Once the page is loaded, scroll to the very bottom and tap the Install AppSnapp link. Your safari will crash, and you will get a progress indicator on the home screen. Your springboard will restart and your ipod will be jailbroken with the installer application installed to allow installation of 3rd party applications through wifi!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 - Downgrading to 1.1.1 ( If necessary )

To jailbreak 1.1.2, you must start with a jailbroken 1.1.1. If you already have this, skip this step. To get this, refer to the guide above. Once on 1.1.1, launch the Installer application and go to the "Tweaks (1.1.1) category. Install the item called OktoPrep. Now, your ready to begin the next step; upgrading.

Step 2 - Upgrading to 1.1.2

Now, you must upgrade your iPod to firmware 1.1.2. To do this, simply download the firmware ipsw like you did in the 1.1.1 jailbreak downgrade step, and then update to it. To do this, download the 1.1.2 ipsw.

1.1.2 Restore ipsw - http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...071107.9g3DF/iPod1,1_1.1.2_3B48b_Restore.ipsw

Once you've downloaded it, launch iTunes. Navigate to the iPod Touch screen once again, and hold SHIFT on your keyboard, and press the update button. Choose the 1.1.2 ipsw file you just downloaded and let it update!

Step 3 - Jailbreaking

Ok now your iPod Touch is not jailbroken at the moment. DO NOT WORRY. It's supposed to be this way. You must now download the 1.1.2 jailbreak files. There are 2 different ones, but they both do the same thing. Choose whichever you wish.

1.1.2 Jailbreak Files - http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/1.1.2-jailbreak.zip

Once downloaded, extract the files and open the batch file called windows. This will bring up a screen asking for a root password and a checkbox to install SSH. Now, check the ssh box because you want that. trust me. Also, keep the root password at alpine. Now, hit the "magic" jailbreak button and let your ipod be jailbroken in 1.1.2!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.1.3/1.1.4

Now this jailbreak is different. Both 1.1.3 and 1.1.4 jailbreaks are done the same way. Heres how.

Step 1 - Restoring

It's HIGHLY recommended to restore cleanly back to 1.1.3 or 1.1.4. To do this it's recommended just to put your iPod into DFU Mode to ensure no problems restoring. To do this refer back to the 1.1.1 guide to downgrading. Yes, it is a downgrade prep but it just puts the iPod into DFU Mode. So, once your iPod is in DFU Mode, download the firmware ipsw you wish to jailbreak, either 1.1.3 or 1.1.4.

1.1.3 Restore ipsw - http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...0080115.9Iuh5/iPod1,1_1.1.3_4A93_Restore.ipsw

1.1.4 Restore ipsw - http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite...080226.Btu45/iPod1,1_1.1.4_4A102_Restore.ipsw

Once downloaded, navigate in iTunes to the iPod screen and hold SHIFT, and press restore. Choose the firmware ipsw you downloaded and let it restore!

Step 2 - Downloading the Jailbreak Program Of Choice

Yes, there are 2 known methods at this time for jailbreaking these firmwares. ZiPhone, and iLiberty Plus. I recommend iLiberty Plus because its been proven more stable however some people remain extremely loyal to ZiPhone. Here are the download links.

ZiPhone - http://download.ziphone.org/
    Choose download on the site, then choose your platform.

iLiberty Plus - http://ipluspwns.com
    There will be a download section on the website.

Once downloaded, unzip to a location of your choosing, and then proceed to the next step.

Step 3 - Jailbreaking

Method A - ZiPhone

If you downloaded ZiPhone, simply extract it and open the .exe called ZiPhone GUI. This interface will help even the newest of jailbreakers to jailbreak their device. Choose the iPod Touch jailbreak button, and let it do its thing. MAKE SURE YOUR IPOD IS PLUGGED IN! If you get an error where it says spamming AT waiting for response, put the ipod into recovery mode, boot it back out, choose advanced features in ZiPhone, click Fix NVRAM. Now the jailbreak will work.

Method B - iLiberty Plus

This is the most simple 1.1.3/1.1.4 jailbreak; for me at least. Open the setup.exe, install the program, and then launch it. Choose the "Jailbreak" and "Setup Installer" options, and then click go for it! Your ipod will jailbreak. Advanced options are also supported in this program.

Credit

I give many thanks to these people for making this all possible.

Gojohnnyboi (Me) - For the guide.
    Nullriver Software - For the 1.1.1 AppSnapp installer program through jailbreakme.com
    The iPhone-Dev Team - For the 1.1.2 Official Jailbreak
    Conceited Software - For OktoPrep and hosting the 1.1.2 Jailbreak Files
    George Zhu & AViegas - For making iLiberty Plus
    Zibri - For Making ZiPhone, although there have been conspiracies of him stealing the code.
    Apple - For making a fun little device to hack and play with.

And everyone else in the iPod Touch Jailbreaking world who have somehow contributed to all of this.

Much time and effort was put into making this guide. If you found it helpful, give me some rep by clicking the scales to the left below my avatar.

Thanks,
    Gojohnnyboi

Pwnage and WinPWN guides to be on here when winpwn is released!!...If WinPWN EVER is...

Common Bugs/Fixes guide coming soon!
    4 people like this.
  2. OneFan

OneFan Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Wow Im Impressed!

Even Though Ive Probably Reped You3-4 Times Youve Never Reped Me Bac?

How Come?!?
    1 person likes this.
  3. weirdwilli

weirdwilli New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Nice one!
    +rep if you're sad enough to care

Please Register or Log in to view images

And 'onefan' because you care so much ive repped you

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Looks good, gojohnnyboi. You do realize that you can jailbreak any firmware with iLiberty+ or ZiPhone (but ZiPhone is awful, so yeah).
  5. gojohnnyboi

Thanks guys! may u be repped in return!
    2 people like this.
  6. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sweet guide, this will help lots of noobs, Rep + For taking the time to do this and hoping the Noob questions stop

EDIT: well i have recently reped you so i can't right now but when i can i will
    1 person likes this.
  7. gojohnnyboi

Thanks very much! =) just trying to help =))
  8. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    great guide
    1 person likes this.
  9. gojohnnyboi

Graciious! +Rep for support!
  10. legendarytrainer

legendarytrainer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    umm noob question but will summerboard and customize work on 1.1.4 with iLiberty+ ?