The TRUTH expose about Jailbreaking and Apple Stores by hakk79!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by hakk79, Apr 24, 2008.

1. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok, first of all i would like to dedicate this thread to all of the people who said their iPod's got taken away in Apple stores and crap. Next time make a better lie.

Rofl

Some of it SOMEHOW may be true but from what I am about to tell you in this thread...I doubt most of it and this PROVES it.

Well sometime back, in my last thread we reached the subject of Jailbreaking an Apple Stores. We talked about how Apple people are pricks and some people said that their iPod's got taken away.

Link to thread:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59694
    ROFL

Well, let me tell you a story. It is about MY experience.

Well last night, after I made the thread I saw the replies. I had mentioned that I felt sorry for people who got their iPod's taken away, and most of you said that the people who said that were lying. Well at the time I had my iPod plugged into my laptop, and it was in a case. I hit my iPod and *WAM* it flew out of the case and luckily on a clothing garment that I had on the ground. With this, I realized that I needed a new case so I decided to go to the Apple store the next day to get a new better case.

So, I wake up the next day, and hopped on my Laptop. I read some more replies about apple stores and bullsh*t and I decide...What if I go in, and see what they do when they see my Jailbroken iPod Touch. I got this idea from this guy here, so some credit goes to him for the suggestion.

So I just grabbed my iPod and some cash, hopped on the train and I am went to the Apple store.

As I have said in past threads, If I have to give Apple some credit, I would give it to their stores. They have the cleanest and coolest stores, hands down. So, I walked up to some Apple store staff member and asked him where the cases are. The bought me to the section that had cases and after I picked one, he directed me to the register. Since no one was there he went behind the register so I could buy the case quicker. Now there was my chance. I was going to show him my iPod that was jailbroken and I was going to see what he was going to do.

I will admit, I was not tough on this. I was scared as hell. So i finally mustered up the courage to ask the question after we talked about firmware 2.0 (We were having a conversation while he was waiting for the sales computer to boot up).
    So I whipped out my iPod touch and I said, "Sir, Is it illegal to jailbreak my iPod Touch". I hit booted up my iPod and unlocked it, and he got a CLEAR view of the applications downloaded from installer.

This was his reaction

*Drumroll*

1. He gave me a blank look ( I was scared as hell )
    2. He opened his mouth (At this point I was going to sh*t my pants)
    3. And he said, "No. But you are hacking the firmware. The only thing that we Apple can do about that is void your warranty IF you bring it in for service."

And with that he went back to the Computer, where he started to put in my Purchase.

Wow, everyone. Where is the "OMFG GIVE ME THAT IPOD KID APPLE IS GOING TO SUE THE **** OUT OF YOU. GIVE ME THAT IPOD."

Remembering Steven R. I even decided to ask him another question.

"Sir, is it sueable"

This was his response, straight.

"No, as I said before sir, all we can do is void the warranty IF you bring it in for service."

And after that he gave me my case and reciept, and he even opened the damn package so I can place my case on my iPod.

So at that time I thought, 'Well mabye he jailbroke his too. Let me try this with another Apple store staff member.'

I walked up to another Apple store member with my jailbroken apps in clear view and I asked him "Sir how do you modify the time on an iPod Touch.". So he took my iPod and went to the Clock app and showed me. In doing this he went past the second page of Jailbroken Apps even saying "Wow dude.". Then he went into the Clock App which was right next to mobile chat and capture, and over Sip-Voip. He showed me how to do it (even though I already knew) and he even asked me if I want him to throw the case packaging out.

As I walked out, I thought "I am so SO going to put this on iPod touch fans"

And that, my iPodTouchfans comunity, is how much Apple cares about us jailbreaking our iPod Touches.

hakk79

P.S.- If you want to do it yourself, I even have the Apple store I did it in. I did it in the Apple Store in Manhattan on 14th and 9th street.
    1 person likes this.
  2. ibitapple

ibitapple New Member

freekin sweet now now more noobs like ZOMG apple is gonna sue
  3. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Damn right.
  4. osi umenyoria

osi umenyoria New Member

haha at best buy the guy trying to fit me for a case said how did you get these? how much did it cost? and if it could work on his iphone. told him to go to this site
  5. Mookler

Mookler Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    That's because all they can do is void your warranty, duh.
  6. Where the f*** did that quote come from?
  7. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I can't believe we have so many threads on something that clearly should have never even been an issue. The fact that people even entertained the thought that this could happen is nuts.

hakk79-I always love your stories though!
  8. tipii

tipii New Member

he took his first quote. deleted what was inside so it wasnt horribly long. and replaced it with "long rant"
  9. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What? Rofl
  10. STx

STx New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Haha that's great hakk. I love reading your stories

Please Register or Log in to view images