The Transition: iPod touch to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iJuleguy, Apr 1, 2008.

1. iJuleguy

iJuleguy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hi everyone, I'm going to tell you about my switch from the iPod touch to the iPhone and why I did it!

Okay, so it's January 2007--and I hear that Apple would be making an "iPhone". Being me, I thought it was just crazy Apple fanboys getting too excited over the idea of a phone from Apple.....BAM. What do ya know, the iPhone is announced. I looked at pics of it in the glass enclosure with awe, and then I notice that it's surrounded by Apple fanboys that were creaming their pants.....finally, I saw the price. "No thank you, Apple." I thought.

September 5th:
    A touchscreen iPod based off the iPhone, YES!!! 300 dollars, YES!!! So, in the middle of November I snatched one up at Circuit City. I was so happy--I loved it.

Then a very sad thing happend to me, I carelessly left it in my gym locker(someone looked at my locker combination while I was dialing it in), and it was stolen along with my RAZR V3XX. I searched everyone(yes, people) for it.

Two days later, the iPod mysteriously showed up in my locker. I set a passcode lock, so I bet they weren't too happy with that. I never really used it that much after that. I noticed that I had the negative black issue, and in January, I was ticked off about the app upgrade.

March:
    After having a fun time at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, I stop by the La Cantera Apple Store. The first thing I walked to was the iPhones. My brain exploded. I NEED AN IPHONE. As soon as I get home I start loking for deals on used/refurb iPhones...they're all retail price(why even the used ones?). So I quit the search and 3 days later I see something in my RSS reader: Cheapo Refurbished iPhones for sale online from AT&T
    I ordered it right away, and sold the iPod for $270 with two cases.

The switch:
    Coming from the iPod touch: the iPhone was pretty easy to get used to(with the exception of music and video being replaced by the iPod app). I love texting compared to the Samsung Sync I used to have. But what I really love to do is use Seeqpod over EDGE: any song, anywhere, anytime.

I will never go back to a regular cell phone again. I am going to buy a second generation iPhone in the future.
  2. donkeykong

donkeykong Banned

basically what happened to me, except I don't have edge, but I have AT&T. No way I'm paying $20 extra. So its like a phone and ipod and speakers, no edge though. I still love it though.
  3. Redshift

Redshift New Member

Yeah I'll definitely switch to an iPhone, when I actually have more money.
  4. lilplaya2567

lilplaya2567 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    ill switch when they get Verizon

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. DJ Xander

DJ Xander New Member

Does AT&T even sell refurbs anymore??
  6. iJuleguy

iJuleguy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nope.

7. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I want an iphone. When I save enough money, Im gonna buy one.

One question though, if you restore, does it erase your contacts?
  8. iJuleguy

iJuleguy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes and no. When you restore, yeah everything is gone. But when you sync to iTunes after that, all of your contacts/settings/etc are restored. iTunes backs up your iPhone everytime you sync.
  9. TheAsianJedi

TheAsianJedi Banned

great job good for you....
    what rides did you go in fiesta texas
    I 3> superman.....

too bad they closed the waterpark the day i was there

10. iJuleguy

iJuleguy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Lol, I didn't go on much. I was with my aunt and cousin(4 year old). But I have a season pass for the 08 year, so I'll ride them all eventually.

So far I lke the Tony Hawk one. My brother and I went on the same side of the car and it was insane. It felt like it was gonna spin right off the track.