The Thing Is...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mistercooper, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Mistercooper

Mistercooper New Member

Hey all,first off just like to introduce myself..just call me coop,cooper..whatever suits u

Please Register or Log in to view images

and the issue i have is,and i apologise if this is already a thread but:

My gf is spending 270 pounds on me,or in america's case $400. On a 16gb touch.

now thats quite alot of money for some1 to spend on somebody else haha..so i was wondering,im just deciding whether to jailbreak or not,cuz if it voids my warranty, then something goes wrong with my ipod that involves warranty isues,then wtf do i do!!?

haha, so yea..any help appreciated! =]

Please Register or Log in to view images

And what will my ipod come with...with all the new upgrades etc coming out..i will be purchasing it 11th March!?

Thanks alll
  2. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Jailbreaking does void your warranty. However, restoring it through iTunes will erase any trace of your jailbreak, effectively restoring your warranty also, so barring a catastrophic physical failure where you are unable to perform the restore (broken screen, broken dock connector, dead buttons, etc.) there is always a way to return your Touch to factory-fresh condition and ripe for a warranty exchange should you need it.

As for what you'll get in March, you'll end up with a 1.1.3 iPod Touch with the iPhone apps and new features (home screen icon rearranging, lyrics in the music app, web clips on your home screen, etc.). As well, the SDK will have been released by then (end of February), so there is the remote possibility that someone may have whipped up a legitemate app or two to be distributed through the iTunes store that you won't need to jailbreak to use.
  3. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    when you jailbreak yeah sure you void your warrenty...

To magicly get your warrenty back just do a forced restore

dude

i live in england and i payed 270 pounds of my own money for my ipod (im 15)

and i didnt have any issues with it

loving every min of it