The Sims 3 - Free Roam, or is interaction entirely object-based?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Noise..., Oct 3, 2009.

1. Noise...

Noise... Banned

Dec 21, 2008
    Basically, I like the general look of the Sims 3, and since nothing else on the appstore is really like it, I don't have other options for a similar game.

My main question is on character movement. I watched a review, and it seemed like all the movement was done entirely by clicking on objects. Can you just click anywhere and have your Sim go there, or can they only move to certain locations when you interact with objects?

I'm a big fan of Animal Crossing - it's one of my favorite game series of all time. Is the Sims 3 in the same vein as far as gameplay, or am I going to be disappointed if that's what I'm expecting? I'm entirely new to The Sims - I've never played it on any console or PC, so I'm not sure what to expect.
  2. chameleon2424

chameleon2424 New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Sims 1-3 on the pc is absolutely amazing and super addicting, sims 3 on the ipod is really boring and I can't get into it at all. I wouldn't say the sims 3 for ipod is anything like animal crossing except for the fact that you live in a house and you can socialize. You can move anywhere other than just to objects though.