the settlers by gameloft HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by goodboy055, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goodboy055

goodboy055 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I was wonder in the settlers by gameloft how to do the following.

1. how do i trade with the other people.
    2. how do i even conquer them as i cant attck there building but i can kill the people.
    3. how do i make tequila.
    thats it thanks:D
  2. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    its a great game, but gets so confusing, i cant even remember how to conquer new places lol :O sorry i cant help :(
  3. matinsa2005

matinsa2005 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    this game is really confusing i couldnt really play it!!!
  4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Help!

I'm on settlers romans mission5, I can't win!!! I'm in the middile of building my town, and the other tribe just comes along and destroys it, please, I need top tips and help!
  5. DanKni

DanKni Guest

Some Answers

To defeat an opponent, attack and capture all the enemy's towers (you need swordsman to capture, archers etc just stand about) or destroy all the enemy's towers using war machines (or axe men if your viking). Or some combination of the above two so they have no towers left.

I cant work out how to trade with other people.

I also cant work out how to make Tequila :s
  6. AstroAl

AstroAl Member

Tequila can be made only by Maya nation from Agave in the Tequila Maker’s Works.

About fighting, your military units can attack other enemies military units or castle/towers. If you destroy tower all buildings it defense will be destroyed.

About trading I don't know. I think it's impossible.
  7. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Re

To make tequila, you have to be Mayans, make an agave farm just like you make a grain farm but near a desert, set the planting area on the desert, and make a tequila workshop. For the later missions, you need to set up mines and furnaces fast, then immediately build a barracks and a weaponsmith. Make about 15-20 archers and set swordsmen to infinite. Make about 15-20 bows and set swords to infinite. I would also make some medics if you're Roman; they help a lot. Try to get level 3 soldiers, if you're really low on gold suppies you can do level 2. Buy about 5 squad leaders. Build three or four large residences- you don't want to run out of workers. It is important to clear fields of boulders with a stonecutter, because they tend to sit on flat land good for building large buildings on. Buy 5 or 10 pioneers and ONLY uncover mountains at first. After they colonize mountains, you can have them build in all the space behind the side of your city that faces the enemy. Also, don't focus on priests at first-- having 5 soldiers is better than having 20-30 mana and a priest. Heavily fortify your starting towers, and remember to get a steady supply of both planks AND stone at the beginning. Remember to build a sawmill. Run as many things as you can at once if you're going to fast-forward, because the enemy attacks at a certain point. DON'T attack unless you know you can win-- you should have about 150 swordsmen, 25 archers, 10 medics, and 5-10 squad leaders if you're going to attack in the later missions. If you're stuck in a stalemate, focus on defending, then build back up an army- but if they're really stubborn, use catapults on large towers or castles. Hope this helps!
  8. TroyP

TroyP New Member

Lack of help within the game

I'm running this on an iPad 2. The speed is fine, graphics is passable. The sound is sometimes lost if you start loading other things in the background and come back to the game again.

I finished the 3 tutorial levels, and spent about 5hrs playing the first proper level (4).
    I have several queries about the game.

1. How do I know if I have enough people to house all of my construction buildings? There's nothing visible to show that someone is working in the building.

2. My toolsmith: I have 0 hammers, and +3 current order.
    It says I require 3 Iron & 3 Coal. It says I have 8 available of each.
    However, I wait and wait and wait, and it never makes anything. Why?

3. My mines: Is it possible for them to run out of coal? I had supplies, however it was not producing coal. I did not see any food supply problems.

4. Vehicle Hall: I had a similar problem. My Cart was partially built, it never completed. I had the supplies but half did not get delivered.

5. Shipyard: I try to build one, however there is 0 marked areas for me to build? How???

6. I have a massive amount of area cleared and zoned as my territory, however I am quite restricted as to where I can place things. How can I improve on that?
  9. TroyP

TroyP New Member

Update:

I managed to finish levels 4 & 5 last night :cool:
    Mission 4, you just use soldiers to capture all the towers. Make sure you have enough soldiers before attacking, otherwise they will build their army back up, and re-capture their towers.
    Mission 5, I used an army of about 75 soldiers to sneak around the outside of the blue territory directly to the target, taking out it's surrounding towers to capture the temple.

I resolved some of my problems, and wish to share the knowledge since there's a real lack of information about this game online.

1. If you don't have enough people to run your buildings, you'll get warnings in your mail. Just create another residence.

2. Many things in the game seem to have limitations of 8. You can only have 8 tools in your toolsmith. If you have 8 already, you have to create other buildings that will use them (eg a coal mine will require a pick axe). Another alternative is to create storage, and assign the tools to storage slots.
    Unfortunately I could not find any way to drop tools once they've already been created.
  10. DeviJ

DeviJ New Member

How to find Woodcutter?

I can see 9 roles listed in the Find Settlers box. But not Woodcutters? How do I locate my Woodcutter?
    And another thing. Every now and again the message pops up warning me that the Woodcutter has run out of wood to chop, and invites me to click on the message for more information. But when I do so nothing happens: the message closes and I'm none the wiser.
    Can anyone help please?
    Devi
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.