The screen is black i've tried dfu mode nothing working

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mkikeke369, Feb 4, 2009.

1. mkikeke369

mkikeke369 New Member

Ok here's what happened i just got done restoring my ipod touch 2g after the jailbreak and nothing is helping me get out of this thing my ipod won't go into dfu mode it won't do anything i need help yea im a noob i don't care make fun of me but i really need some help plz help i dont know whats wrong
  2. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

You got to make sure you put yourself into DFU properly, then run the boot and ibss files to make the iPod boot up.
  3. holbikwolff10

holbikwolff10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    OK, so the screen is just 100% Black? If so, you may have a serious hardware issue.
    Does it show up in iTunes? if so, then you may be able to restore it with a plain force restore. Just click "restore"on its iTunes Page.

If that won't work, maybe yo did DFU mode wrong.
    Hold down home+power button until Apple logo appears, let go of power, hold home and you've got the 1st gen in DFU. But it may be different for the 2G, so google it.

If even that doesn't work, then your iPod has no warranty, because Jailbreaking voids it. You need to erase all proof it was jailbroken. Try the following:
    1. Go on Google and try to find a program that lets you browse iPod Touch/iPhone files.
    2. REPLACE EVERYTHING with a "virgin" IPSW file. Should look a little like this:
    ipod1,1_221_fw.ipsw
    I don't remember exactly, but it's something like that. If you've ever updated, you'll have the file. Just search ".IPSW" in your computer and the logo will look like a lego. So if you didn't catch the beginning, replace ALL THE FILES with this file.
    If even that doesn't work (which it may very well not) then your iPhone probably won't work with that browsing software anymore. It should, however, show up as a drive connected to your computer. Open it on your computer and delete EVERYTHING!!!
    Now call 1 (800) APL-CARE and say you were on YouTube or doing something else innocent when it crashed and they should fix it for you for free. If they can't, they'll send you a new one.

Hope that helps!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. mkikeke369

mkikeke369 New Member

right after i posted this i was going over what i did and got it to work but thanks any ways these both were the answers i was looking for