The same app on multiple sources

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shuffle, Mar 7, 2008.

1. shuffle

shuffle Member

Dec 26, 2007
    Ok, so this is sort of a rant, so if you don't want to read it, go away

Please Register or Log in to view images

This is sort of a small problem, but just enough to get on my nerves. It is, for instance, lets say "app 1" is hosted on "source 1", and that is its original source, but "source 2" decides to host it too, even though it is already hosted on "source 1". So, if you add those two sources, you will end up with two "app 1"s on installer. Now, thats not too bad, because they are the same version, and installer detects that, and doesn't think that "app 1" needs to update. BUT when lets say "source 1" comes out with a new version of "app 1", and "source 2" doesn't update it. Then installer, no matter what version installed, old are new, will always say that you need to update "app 1". (Unless you remove the source causing the problem or you uninstall). I for one, like to be organized, so this gets me kinda frustrated, because in order to not have a update indicator all the time, I have to uninstall, or remove a source. Installer needs to be able to dectect what is new, and what is old, and people need to stop having the same app on multiple sources, and leave it to the developer to choose one source.

As I said, this as a very small issue, but, yea

Please Register or Log in to view images