The Rolando Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by russiaone, Dec 17, 2008.

1. russiaone

russiaone New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This is for those who wanna write a review, but understand the process might take too long. Just come and share how your experience is going.

These are my first impressions... WOW!

The production values are stunning: I love the way the main hud opens up like a story book. And the jazz score is already in my head...

The music is phenomenal... If there is a soundtrack release I'm buying right away.
    For me, the best part of the game is the soundtrack

Now what I don't like is the dearth of options...

I would like to see a sensitivity setting... probably my biggest gripe, other than the lack of options, is to make my Rolandos move quickly I must do a hard tilt to the left or right. Correct this and I'm good to go.

And how awesome would a level editor be? And then it would be even awesomer to be able to share those levels with other users... HINT HINT

9.5/10 BTW... Best Game App and Top 5 App period
  2. musika

musika New Member

im waiting till christmas =]
  3. berky93

berky93 New Member

I really think they did a good job. its challenging, but not overly so. and its not as much of a frustrating game as some other iphone puzzlers, which is nice (I hate when games don't progress gradually enough into the hard levels to give you time to adjust, and then youre stuck for three hours and generally feel pissed off.)

production value is great, the animation is smooth and the characters look good. I love this style of animation, with bright colors mixed with a few washed-out tones and no outlines. makes the game bright and cheery.
  4. matt1308-

matt1308- Banned

AMAZING! have only played the first level and i'm loving it. I was woried about being let down after all the high expectations over at TouchArcade and all. But it's even better than i thought it would be! Hello finger

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Cop J

Cop J New Member

Interested but with the pricy tag of $9.99 I am not so sure anymore. I was hoping to buy NFS whenever that came out but it's either this or NFS...
  6. Wats Doing Boyz

Wats Doing Boyz New Member

NFS is going to come out in January 2009 i would go for this for sure, but it really depends what your into.
  7. Cop J

Cop J New Member

I have $13 left in my account from a gift card. I am into any game that will be fun. I just bought Warefare Incorporated and I LOVE that game. I just don't know if this game is worth $9.99. I wish they had a LITE version for me to test before going out and spending $10 on a game. I think I will just wait for some more reviews and see how things go.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ah oh well, I just bought it. I have finals this week in college so I will play this after I complete them, but I am downloading it now so maybe I will play the first level to just check it out. Hope it's good! I'll post a short impression on it afterward.
  8. Mr_pinecones

Mr_pinecones Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    can anyone comment on about how long it is?
    what about replay value? Is there some kind of sandbox mode or downloadable content that I can come back to after I finish the story mode?
    I do not want to spend 10$ on a game, finish it in 2 days and never want to play it again. Yaknow?
  9. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It's awesome!
  10. wyvern706

wyvern706 New Member

its rly fun!