The road Less Traveled

Discussion in 'Graphics, Design, and Photography' started by berky93, May 15, 2008.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

ok so I started off just looking at some photoshop tutorials online, and eventually decided to make this picture. it isn't perfect, I know that, but i'm pretty satisfied with the overall look of it. It is kinda like vector art but also like those collages in magazines. That being said, I've never done anything in this style before, so I'd like some approval/criticism on it. attached is the picture with a nice little frame and the title "The road less traveled," which isnt in the original picture but gives it a little extra touch...

lol looking at it now I'm seeing so many things I could have fixed...oh well, I'm too tired to do that now.

EDIT: fixed a few things that were bugging me. (but I still kept the crappy frame)

Imagine theres a car just behind and to the left of the camera, on the road...

Attached Files:

2. dwonder3

dwonder3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I dont realy like it. Not thats its bad i just dont like that style of art. You didnt make the grass yourself right?
    Thats from a picture?
  3. berky93

berky93 New Member

lol no I didn't have the patience to make grass at the time. although I know it doesn't require more than some quick filters, I was just messing around at first.
  4. francisco582

francisco582 Member

I think it would look better if the sky was a lighter blue like baby blue, because the grass is so green it looks like its in the daytime and the sky looks like its in the night time.
  5. berky93

berky93 New Member

yeah I see what you mean - I realized that if I DID make the sky lighter, however, the city would look kind of off, and I also noticed the entire thing needed a slight tone change, so I instead added 2 gradients to the image: one to the grass so the entire thing is a little darker but a tiny bit darker near the city (to give the impression that theres a nearby light source, which fits perfectly with the illumination on the sign) and another gradient on the road to darken it a bit and even out the tone (there is a white gradient at the top that was from a previous attempt at an objet on the horizon before the city)
  6. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    That doesn't look bad actually, it's just the border kind of ruins it.
  7. berky93

berky93 New Member

lol I really just added that because I messed up with the size for a layer mask so theres a really ugly yellow line about 2 pixels wide on the bottom of the image, which really kills the effect...

and I made a few changes, first post updated