The Right Way To Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Edbro, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Edbro

Edbro New Member

Hi guys i found a new jailbreak method for firmware 2.0 for the ipod touch, i am not sure if this will work for the iphone and the 2nd gen iphone 3g.
    I DO NOT TAKE ANY CREDIT FOR THIS WORK, THIS WAS SOMEONE ELSES BRILLANT JAILBREAK METHOD, I AM JUST POSTING IT SO EVERYONE CAN HAVE A HAPPY JAILBREAK.
    i do not know if people know this method yet, so please reply nicely.
    Step 1:Restore your ipod to 1.1.4(you need to downgrade 2.0 and itunes 7.7 to 7.5, Regular shift restore method)
    Step 2: download winpwn 1.0.0.3
    open up winpwn and hit browse ipsw and find the 1.1.4 file and click open.(you need to download it)
    Step 3: hit ipwner
    there will be a part when it pauses
    remove your usb link and turn off your ipod touch, then plug it back in and it will be in restore mode
    Step 4: After everything is done you will have to upgrade itunes 7.5 to 7.7
    Step 5: You have to open up itunes 7.7 and hit shift restore to 2.0(b45)
    it will take a while, in the end of step 3 or step 5 you will see a pinaple instead of the apple logo.

If you have already jailbroken 1.1.4 with winpwn then all you have to do is step 4 and 5 or just step 5

if you have any problems with any of my steps please leave a reply, even if its grammer

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also if you did everything correctly you will end up with a ipod touch with the app store and cydia
  2. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

people can jailbreak 2.0. its just the whole app compatibility thing thats the problem . good tut though
  3. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    you forgot the part where people pirate the modded ispw from a mac user...