The "REAL" iPod Touch Camera theory

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Billyman, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Billyman

Billyman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Theory: Why the iPod 3G with a camera is coming

So Apple released a brand new iPod Touch with only a speed bump, heres what we missed out on:
    -Camera
    -Mic!!
    -Compass
    -Oleophobic Screen!!

Now really apple has been so stoked to release the iPod 3G since June when they announced the free iPod with mac deal. But what we got was a device thrown together at the last minute. There are 2 things that baffles me

Please Register or Log in to view images

1. The higher end device (iPhone 3GS) and the lower end device (ipod nano) got video cameras! What about the middle end (ipod Touch)?! Why no love for that??
    2. How did apple have all these non camera ipods ready at launch? Maybe the camera glitch traced back to a month ago when apple found out they werent working and we didnt here until now.

The Battery on the iPod 3G is 30 hrs, the iPod 2G has 36hrs. Surely it couldnt be just because of the processor only! There has to be something else sucking up all the battery juice. Of Course this is just opinion.

Proof a camera existed and is on the way
    What really surprised me was that ubisoft always takes advantage of a device first. When the DSi came out they jumped and are the first devs to make a dsi game focusing on the camera.

Now at the event they showed off Assasins Creed 2 which featured wanted posters by taking a foto of urself, now really Ubisoft wanted to be the ones to say "FIRST!" with their camera feature that would be perfect for the iPod Touch. I could sense Steve cringed becuz this was an IPOD event and steve couldnt wait to break the bad news to them that there was not gonna be a camera xD

All those leaks of info of cams and mics were definitly true, even the prototype pix were more than enough proof. Now serveral sources are saying that apple is trying to fit the camera into the iPod Touch ASAP before Sep 2010 and it could happen without warning like the 32GB iPod 1G. There is definitley a possiblity of apple getting the device out after the holiday season. It would be surprising if apple coincided the release with the iTablet or the nxt time the online apple store is down be sure to look out for the possibilities of the new iPod Touch with cam and mic

*Will update post when more availible information appears

Update 1: It seems the iPod Touch 3G is faster than the iPhone 3GS by a little

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/news/comments/ipod-touch-3g-speed-comparison-videos-online
    Sources: http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/09/09/10/ipod_touch_with_camera_remains_in_apples_pipeline.html
    http://blogs.computerworld.com/14713/the_mystery_of_the_ipod_touch_camera?source=rss_blogs
    http://www.ipodnn.com/articles/09/09/10/change.in.production.very.recent/
  2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Here's what I learned on 9-9-09:

Unless it comes out of Apple's mouth, don't believe it.

If there is a camera later on, yipee.
  3. theLorax

theLorax Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    shut the hell up about the stupid camera already.

if the 3g ipod touch was rumored to have a built in toaster, and it was released without one, you guys still would have cried like babies.
  4. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You JUST joined this forum, and are already telling people to shut up?

No. That's not how it works. Sorry.
    There's no reason for him to not be allowed to express his opinions.

On topic:

I hope there is a camera added eventually. My cousin was really hoping there would be one.
    He's been waiting quite a while now.

But as I said, meh. Nothing is official.
  5. theLorax

theLorax Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Yeah, i just joined, and already i've seen a thousand threads with people whining about the camera, and already i'm fed up with it, as well as many others!

the camera was a RUMOR.

steve jobs is marketing the touch as a gaming device and multimedia player, not a cheaper iphone!

GET OVER IT. buy it, or dont buy it, and move on with your life!
  6. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  7. DemonIced

DemonIced Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    The question is now : should the people having no iPod at all buy one now and exchange it when/if a new one with a camera+more is released during the year? And if they do, should they buy the expensive higher capacity one 64gb or the more affordable 32gb one if they might exchange/sell it later during the year if Apple has a little surprise for them.

Of course, you can wordfilter "they" by "I" since it's currently my situation, I'm in a dilemma to choose between the 3G 32gb or 3G 64gb...
  8. theLorax

theLorax Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    during the year? don't expect the next model to come out until september 2010.

and the next one isnt going to have a camera either. steve jobs already discussed in an interview his reasons for not putting a camera on the touch.
  9. DemonIced

DemonIced Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Did you really think that he would be telling everybody : hey everyone! We planned on getting a camera on the iPod Touch but it got delayed/didn't work as planned. So here's your iPod Touch 2.5G while we try to fit the camera on the iPod for a future release this year.

Of course he's gonna find a reason and tell everybody that it was all planned out to be a gaming device. Just look at Nintendo, they always said the same thing and what did the DSi get this year?
  10. theLorax

theLorax Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    It's a VGA camera. They suck. They cost 50 cents to make. They don't even take still pictures because they'd look too crappy. Any newer cell phone has atleast a 1mp camera. The DSi camera smokes the cameras that comes on the nano.

People are crying and not buying the touch because of a crappy VGA camera, that couldnt even take stills for them to upload to facebook/twitter.

Sorry, people who want a cheap iphone without a contract arent going to get it with the ipod touch. Apple makes a lot more profit off the iphone than they do the ipod touch, and you better believe they are going to keep a decent gap between the two products, and give iphone users an incentive to buy iphones, which they are signing contracts to get, or paying hundreds more for.

You also have to look at things from the iPhone users perspective. They went nuts when the ipod touch came out. iPhone sales went down, and apple had to bring the price down a $100 to make up for it.