The REAL iPhone Killer (Maybe Even 3G Killer)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by canine, Jun 13, 2008.

?

iPhone Killer, 3G Killer?

Poll closed Jul 13, 2008.
  1. iPhone Killer

10.3%
  2. iPhone 3G Killer

10.3%
  3. No, iPhone Rules

79.5%
  1. canine

canine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The Samsung F700 may be the iphone 3G killer.

Samsung's Ultra Editions seem to get classier, glossier, and more far-fetched with every subsequent iteration -- and if they haven't already jumped the shark, they have now with the rather breathtaking Ultra Smart F700. The candybar with a slide-out QWERTY 'board makes do with 7.2Mbps (yes, we said "seven point two") HSDPA plus EDGE for those occasions when 3G towers are out of reach, a 2.78 inch touchscreen sporting no fewer than 440 x 240 pixels, microSD expansion, full HTML browsing, Bluetooth, and a whopping 5 megapixels of snapping power on the backside.
    Source:http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/08/samsung-outdoes-itself-with-ultra-smart-f700/

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

WHAT DO YOU THINK?
  2. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

wow, yeh i was tlking 2 my dad about getting the new iphone, n he said be4 u do, look at samsungs new swag. Looking nice! ou know a price?
  3. snpri3

snpri3 New Member

good attempt but still doesnt beat iphone, i think steve jobs is ahead of everyone this year. seems to copy the iphone too much like touch screen the curves around it. and its fat like really fat. and plus they will never have such a thing as the app store so take that samsung fanboy
  4. dude19

dude19 Banned

nope..it doesnt have developers it may have all those nice features but they arent being put to use....if anything nvidias apx 2500 is a true killer of basically any phone made....think about it a phone made for play ...they were able to get up to 1080p or 720p resolution (thats xbox 360 resolution) with nvidia designing it ...and people wanting to make stuff for it cellphone industries are gonna have a hard time making anything better
    http://www.phonemag.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/nvidia_apx_2500_mobile_graphics.jpg
    http://www.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/nvidia_apx_2500_reference_cellphone.jpg

biggest downfall will be its thickness...
  5. swillard8

swillard8 New Member

i just find that no matter how many feautres you cram in to anything but the iphone it doesnt matter. Because just the beauty of apple products and the actually apple logo on the back makes me buy it.

Samsung isnt a premium make to me, they make cheapy crap £40 phones that you buy from the argos catalogue
  6. LyncHung

LyncHung New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    there's no way it will have developer support like the iphone/ipod touch. even with windoze mobile or even linux it doesn't have the customer and developer base thats already established with apple. besides, if it doesn't have a multitouch screen and 3way gravity sensors then it can never outperform iphone in features. and they would have to offer it as a stand alone device like the ipod touch. just because a phone has a big touchscreen on it doesn't mean it compares to the iphone at all.
  7. Jikoo

Jikoo New Member

It don't beat the iphone
  8. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

psh, it may HANDLE up to 7.2 mbps but providers put a cap at like 2 sumthing dont they?

what good is it if no one allows for that speed?
  9. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I don't think there will be an iPhone killer for a long time, I mean does anyone think theres an iPod killer because its what I see the most of at school. Long live the iPhone.
  10. Nickll9009

Nickll9009 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Show me that chunk of plastic running more apps that it comes with, you compiling apps for it, and ssh on it and only THEN will I be impressed.