The problem with themes. A Rant.

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by digdug, Nov 27, 2007.

1. digdug

digdug New Member

My favorite themes are those that are *really* themes. That is, the background and icon set conform to each another, as opposed to just a cute wallpaper and random icons.

However, the problem with such themes is that, due to their highly original icon set, require continual updating to add new icons for new programs that will continue the conformity.

As an example, I LOVE Mystique, but it looks absolutely horrible when new programs are added for which icons haven't been created.

Are there any themes out there with dedicated authors who will continue to update as new programs come out? If not, then I'll just choose one of the dinkier ones.
  2. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

heres an idea.

someone should come up with an app that acts like folder/finder on a mac PROPERLY so we can have an icon for games, when you tap it the folder opens and your games are all in there instantly without searching.

then you could theme your springboard and when opening a game or adding a game not care about what the icon looks like, the same way no one cares what an icon looks like on their PC or Mac
  3. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i use mystique too, but when i want an icon for a new program i make it. Pretty simple, ill even give you a blank for that theme to add to. put whatever image you want on there.

Attached Files:

4. markymarkdotcom

markymarkdotcom New Member

in a perfect world we'd all be great photoshoppers

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. sn1p3r

sn1p3r New Member

I was actually thinking about this myself the other day. As great as it may be to have a custom theme, it can be quite tiresome to some of us, having to search for suitable matching icons whenever a new app is installed. If i was a regular theme creator, i'd include a template psd file with the theme which people could edit and use to create new icons for their new apps. I think this would be one of the easier solutions to this problem.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    such a kit exists, but its for making standard ipod icons, ill upload it if you want
  7. dadedesigns

dadedesigns New Member

I am planning to make a user friendly yet awesome theme in the near future, with constant updating.
  8. Ch0ppy35

Ch0ppy35 New Member

Upload plzzz
  9. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh, don't worry, I'm already great...
  10. Ch0ppy35

Ch0ppy35 New Member

I too am great at photoshop, but I am lazy to make a new theme from scratch(Or icons), lol