the potential of Spotlight

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by gumbi, Mar 17, 2009.

1. gumbi

gumbi Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    as we're all aware, apple has added new SpringBoard functionality via Spotlight. you swipe left on page 0 to call the new program. the details of it don't matter to much, but the point is a swipe command on empty space in springboard can call another program.

what does this mean to a new 3.0 sb mod?

it's easy to imagine each page having an up and down page associated with it. swipe down to call up the page above and swipe up to call the one below. you could maybe do this continuously, creating a tower of up and down pages. think of it as categories and mobilestack on speed.

i'm not a developer by any means. not even close. but the fact that apple has coded this, and that code is now available to analyze via jailbreak (when 3.0 comes out), i don't think it's unreasonable that a skilled developer could be reverse engineered that code to create a jb sb mod like this.

thoughts?

if you like this idea, please feel free to mock up a photoshop of it. i would, but i simply have to much work to do right now.
  2. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

i dont think its actually another 'application'. but ya i see where your going with this
  3. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

hmm, and the themes on Cydia would have to be updated to support spotlight, as well as landscape mode for some apps.
  4. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

ya the next few months will be interesting
  5. gumbi

gumbi Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    yea... i couldn't think of the correct word for it
  6. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That would be incredible.

Swipe left, perform a global search of your iPhone. Swipe down, bring down a hybrid of SBSettings and DoubleTap Rebirth. Swipe up, bring up a custom EQ or a category or something.

I sense epic win in the making.

EDIT: Note that DTRebirth is dead. It was never released and there have been no updates since last October.
  7. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

the only problem i forsee is swiping down as there is no official option to do that and i am not sure how hard that would be given it hasnt even been developed in the jailbreaking community yet. maby make 2 screens to the left? swipe once ot get to sb settings and another for search? although i like how sbsettings is now on the status bar