The possibility of a recall?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mobious, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hey guys I know a thread was made a bit ago about a twitter post that someone thought was from steve jobs, but that got me thinking...I am getting my iPhone from the uk, well more along the lines of already got than getting. So if anything like a recall were to happen I am gonna have you find a way to send it back to the uk since the iphones warrenty isn't covered where I live.

Anyways long story short, do you guys think that apple might recall the iphone 4 if the reception issues aren't resolved? I know nobody here knows for certain, but I would just like to know your opinions please.
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I think a recall is unlikely. In fact, I'd almost say it is impossible. They didn't recall the iPod touch 1g because of the negative screen effect. A recall is very un-Apple. Instead, they would probably just give a new iPhone 4 to users who complained.
  3. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Or just hand out free bumpers to customers that complain. The bumper seems to solve the problem, far easier to do that on apples part
  4. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I agree. A company like Apple wouldn't replace all iPhones for a reason like that. Like you said, I could either see Free bumpers or possibly a price drop on them.

Or they could just keep things how they are and say deal with it. It seems like thats the approach they're currently taking.
  5. dustinlenguyen

dustinlenguyen Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I personally find it ridiculous how they're handling this situation. How in the world do they expect people to keep on purchasing these devices with flaws? Maybe they've gotten used to having sales regardless of the issue, but I want my iPhone free of this problem. Dropped calls and reduced data speeds because we're "holding it wrong" is no excuse.
  6. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    After the way they've handled this, they'd never recall. There's too much pride at stake.

I'd say they'll just quietly fix the issue with newer-manufactured devices.
  7. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hmm you all make valid points. A recall would be like a billion dollar slap in the face at this point. Shawa you believe that apple would quietly fix the issue in their newer 4G models, kinda like how the new 3GS differs from the launch one in terms of jailbreaking. Now that would be a slap in the early adopters face, by now those are roughly 600,000 to 700,000. You think they would screw over their own customers like that?
  8. dustinlenguyen

dustinlenguyen Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ^ They've done it before, and I don't see why they wouldn't do it again. Although if I do, I expect mine replaced.
  9. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hmm I must have missed that one, with which product did they do it with an what was the defect?
  10. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It would be too hard with 1 million plus sold.