The Pianist (again)

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by iRoc2, Nov 23, 2008.

1. iRoc2

iRoc2 New Member

Okay, I figured I had to create another account here, all `cos it kept saying that I've double-posted many times, and I've heard when that happens, no one will know to look again for hours, even days to see my new post about this retarted problem I'm having now with my puchase of my Pianist app, which was...

"I bought Pianist, then it said to upgrade to the newest version of iTunes, so I did, but my Pianist app that I paid for is no where to be found and asking me to buy again; and also asking me to pay for the iPod Touch version 2.2 for $10. I'll do that, but where the heck is my Pianist app that I just bought? Not gonna buy it again.

Plus. will this mess up my Jailbreak that's already on the iPod? `cos I went through trials and errors trying to get it jailbroken and to get a phone app put into it".

Thanks again!
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What firmware are you on anyway? Are you on like, 1.1.4 or something? Just update to 2.2. You don't need to Jailbreak to use the new apps from the App Store. What did you Jailbreak for anyway?

As to your Pianist app, its already in your account. So you can re-download it for Free. You can find it in your Music Folder > iTunes > Mobile Applications
  3. iRoc2

iRoc2 New Member

My IPT has been jailbroken for several months now. It's version is 1.1.4. I did it in order to get a phone app and a piano as soon as I could find a good one piano app. I'll upgrade it to 2.2, but will it mess up all that I have on it now... the Jailbreak and the phone app?
  4. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You'll lose everything that is on your device right now. All the Jailbreak apps, everything. You're going to be in a better world. Your battery will last longer, things will be smoother, access to 4,000+ Games/Apps, tons of which that are Free. There really isn't any need to Jailbreak anymore unless you want to theme your device or access little tweaks.
  5. iRoc2

iRoc2 New Member

Yeah, I jailbroke it to get nicer and cooler themes, and of course the phone app. Is there a jailbreak for 2.2 or is it yet to come out?
  6. faizan96

faizan96 New Member

Unless you're a pirate..... which people with 2g like me can't.... jk but u will be able to get apps not approved for the app store hint hint wink wink nudge nudge
  7. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    There is a Jailbreak for 2.2 out yes. But I suggest you try out being Unjailbroken for at least a week before you jailbreak.
  8. gollyzila

gollyzila New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah there's one out already, check the front page www.ifans.comm
  9. iRoc2

iRoc2 New Member

Okay, I'll wait a week before getting a Jailbreak 2.2; but is there a phone app for 2.2 and would I sill get to use Pianist on it?
  10. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    A phone app? Do you mean like VOIP? Or did you just use it for the icon? Because there ARE VOIP apps. Though they probably only work with the iPod Touch 2nd generation because it actually has a Mic input with the new earbuds. Theres probably a Phone.app out there somewhere, though it won't do anything. You will still be able to use Pianist on it since you bought it from the App Store. There are tons more apps in the App Store. Just start exploring.