**~~The Perfect 1.1.4 Jailbreak Guide~~**

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by Madcowjoe77, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Madcowjoe77

Madcowjoe77 New Member

Have you ipod restored to a fresh 1.1.4 firmware and set up as a NEW ipod.

Download and unzip the program. Inside the folder will be a icon call ZiPhone GUI. Double click and open it up.

Open the advanced options and hit NVRAM Fix. It will take a couple mins to run. When you are done with that click Jailbreak iPod Touch. That will take a couple mins and then it will reboot the ipod.

On the ipod go to Contacts and hit add new contact and then in first name or whatever type a bunch of nonsense and then hit the cancel version and go back out to the home screen. Go into settings and set auto lock to never and enter your wifi info.

Now open the Installer, it should start up and may say it needs to be updated. If so update it. Then after it refreshes you may see the update icon with a red one on it to update Community Sources. If not go into installer and in All Packages install Community Sources. When it is done refresh the sources.

When you are done with that install BSD Subsystem(not BSD Subsystem 2.0 Term Fix). After that install OpenSSH and then do a hard restart with red slider power off. Turn back on and then install Boss Tool and BossPrefs. Go back to home screen and open BossTool and go to free disk space. In this order hit, move fonts, move ringtones, move apps.
    When that is done go back to installer and install these: Term-vt100, SUID Lib Fix, BSD Subsystem 2.0 Term Fix

Add these sources:

fireonfive.com/repo
    gojohnnyboi.890m.com/repo.xml
    .us/index.xml
    ipodtouched.net/repo.xml
    repo.ispazio.net

At this point I would suggest SSHing into the ipod with winscp and adding a Media folder inside the following directory: /private/var/root/ otherwise the symlinks you need wont work. You can do this with numerous programs whether you have wifi or not.

If you want to have GBA, NES or whatever, make a folder inside the Media folder called ROMs and make a GBA, NES, SNES folder inside there.

Go into installer and install Fix Jailbreak Symlinks 1, then restart.

Now you can add SummerBoard and then Modded Customize. Customize 2.0 is out but it will give you headaches. I would wait until it’s out of beta testing. After Summerboard and that are installed restart and the go into Installer and install SMB Link/Permissions. You may want to contact me about Customize before you do it and let me know which way you are going When you open Modded Customize it will usually crash the first time, just open it again and tap on the screen and it will be good. If the Summerboard themes aren’t showing SSH into the ipod and go to sytstem/Library/Coreservices/ and change the permissions on Springboard.app to 755 or 0755 depending on if mac or pc. Make sure you check the box to at the group on bottom left so all stuff in folder is changed.

If you don’t have the Jan Apps install 1.1.3/4 iPod Full Features

Do a restart and then you can look for 1.1.3/4 Cookies Fix, Safari Patch, AFC2 Fix

At this point you can go nuts. If you want to install gpsphone which runs GBA games use the modded version with the bios already in it. For text twist and a couple other games you need to install Jiggy Runtime.

So, I ran this step by step on my ipod and it worked perfect.

touchrevteam.com/repo.xml

Thanks to the help from CS Wild!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Obsolete much?

iLiberty + Pwnage Tool also do the same thing and its still crazy easy to do.
  3. Madcowjoe77

Madcowjoe77 New Member

yeah id have to agree with that but i like ziphone a lot better.
  4. iPodTouchEdwards

iPodTouchEdwards New Member

I have to go with ziphone but now I am having problems with installer, I am not sure but others havent had a problem with installer on iLiberty, am I wrong, is it the same with problems?
    I am not including p**age cuz it is realli only for mac as wimp** has been known to brick iPods and is unstable.
  5. rmc08

rmc08 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Or, you can use ZiPhone.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Madcowjoe77

Madcowjoe77 New Member

yeah thats what i use.
    but if you do all of he above it will make your iPod better.
  7. Z0m

Z0m Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    there is a section for the 1.1.4 firmware.....you know that right
  8. juniorgentile

juniorgentile New Member

ZiPhone it much quicker.
  9. jimbogey5g

jimbogey5g New Member

rmc,
    quick question for you... working with a 16gb, 1.1.4 firmware, latest ziphone.

1) after the install, not seeing the installer icon, any ideas?
    2) i came to your post, and was going to work with this NVRAM Fix, but according to ziphone, this is fixed on the new program... so wasnt sure... regardless, puts me back in #1. Assistance appreciated.

Cheers.