The only thing thats holding me back to fully upgrade to 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by hyze101, Jun 16, 2008.

1. hyze101

hyze101 New Member

Ok so I know we all have heard some of the iPhone/iPod touch SDK rules. Like the one where we can't mess with the springboard to customize it. I really hate that rule because its holding us developers back. I think apple hates this "personal customize idea" because apple thinks we might be able to hack into our iPhones/iPod touches and get our apps from the app store and put them on the internet for free. I think thats what apple is really scared of about this 2.0 update. So what I suppose apple do is make an application that personalises our iPhones/iPod touches so that apple itself is in charge with this app and doesn't need to worry about people hacking into the apps. This new app can be all of our 3rd party hacking apps into one. Such as combing: SMB Prefs, Customize, Make it Mine,Vwallpaper and all of the other customizing apps.

What do you guys think of this, Please give me feedback.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

UPDATE 1: I just realized that how can you put your own backround and other stuff on the iPhone/iPod Touch? So we can send you stuff to apple threw a computer and apple can upload them onto the app. There we can pick the theme we want and can download them

UPDATE 2: The names. Apple can't use the same names so I'm going to make a list of all the names we need.

The app itself: Personal

The "themes": "Outfits"

UPDATE #: WOW im getting a lot of feed back. IM thinking I will contact apple. Does anyone have apple's iphone/ipod touch email addrress? THX.
  2. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i agree, but i am still going to update
  3. The Baydestrian

The Baydestrian Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    also agree

I'm updating though
  4. touchfan092

touchfan092 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    yeah i wish apple was releasing a customize app of some sort, but since i've never jailbroken im gonna update and just deal with it like i always have.
  5. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yeah true, this is the only thing that would've held me back too but I'm going to upgrade anyway. I mean think about it. Super Monkey Ball!!
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm too busy watching Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law, Justice League/Unlimited, playing Super Monkey Ball, and Surfin Safari to be bothered by Themes that can crash my iPod. That is why I'm goin straight to App Store and 2.0.
  7. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I agree with your post, but I'm upgrading anyway.
  8. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    That's not keeping me from updating, but it would be nice.
  9. vaxdood

vaxdood Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I guess I'm missing something... Who cares about the app store???? Don't we have everything they offer for free???? Aren't there hundreds of developers already making apps for 1.1.4, that we can download for free, or pay for if it's cool enough???

Seriously when I look at all the cool stuff that's already available in our community, I see no reason to pay Apple for anything except the box...
  10. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I've never seen ANY developer on the current 1.1.4 make anything REMOTELY CLOSE to Super Monkey Ball and Spore.

ALSO: You are paying the DEVELOPERS of the Apps. Apple only gets 30%. Which is really small. AND, 71% of the Apps on the App Store are gonna be free as a survey showed. The Apps won't even be that expensive to begin with.