The one question in all our minds!!!!

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by theshredaholic, Apr 19, 2008.

1. theshredaholic

theshredaholic New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok, this is one thing which i really need to know as i'm sure most of u....

"IS IT POSSIBLE TO COMPLETELY BRICK YOUR IPOD (Software) TO THE POINT OF NO GOING BACK!!!"

i know theres recovery mode, DFU mode etc.... but is there a possiblity that a bloched jailbreak could render the ipod completely useless.... i mean, even for an unknown thing like pwnage or winpwn, if it bricks, ZiPhones DFU still works...

Just a thought i had.. had anyone ever lost an ipod to jailbreaking???
  2. nightspwnx

nightspwnx Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm pretty sure you can't brick an iPod touch only the iPhone because of the sgold chip or something like that. I dont even think you can completly brick your iPhone I think all you can do is mess it up to the point where you can only use it as an iPod and a few other things. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I remember from reading stuff on the iPhone dev teams website and various posts here.
  3. shuft95

shuft95 Member

you can brick the iphone and the ipod touch because in the process of pwning ur ipod it falshes the bootloader whether on the ipod or iphone. if it skrews up during the process then u r screwd
  4. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

yup, no bootloader, no ipod =) im not really familiar with the bootloader or what it does but im "pretty sure" that it's t he thing that loads the firmware and turns the ipod on..
  5. epqr

epqr Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    but you only have to pwn your ipod once rigth? i mean i have already pwned it so i'm "safe"

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well if you do brick it then think about it this way. You send it to apple. They can't and won't find out that is was jailbroken if it's totally bricked. So what do you have to loose?
  7. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Yes, because while "pwning" you have flashed the bootloader. Once this is done, no need to do it again.

Don't worry, unless you load a custom FW no one can tell. So if you take it to Apple, just restore with a regular 1.1.4 fw and they cannot tell.
  8. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    well atm i would say my ipod is bricked.

The screen is black
    I cannot turn on
    I cannot put into recovery
    I cannot put into DFU
    My computer does not recognise it
    My computer is telling me that the device is "malfunctioned"

Im pretty stuck atm
  9. add45

add45 New Member

The only way is if for some reason you cant get your ipod touch to enter DFU mode [e.g. buttons dont work] Then you'd probably be bricked
  10. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

unfortunately, a lot of these alleged bricks end up stuck in a reboot cycle that displays a big, fat pwnapple. might be different for winpwn, i haven't used it