The new update

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Infernal, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Infernal

Infernal New Member

Well with the new update there are all these new features?

How do I get access to them, like customizing the home screen, mail app, maps app...etc.

Can someone tell me how to get access to them?
  2. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

By itself, the new update will give you ... the carbon dock. And nothing else.

If you want the new apps and new features, you have to pay the accursed $20 fee for the apps. That will give you the 5 iPhone apps, plus rearranging springboard, music lyrics, and so on.
  3. Infernal

Infernal New Member

There is no Yes I want to buy it button
  4. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

You have to update your iPod's firmware to 1.1.3 in order to the Software Update to appear.
  5. SkySurfer24

SkySurfer24 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Wrong the $20 is for the 5 apps, the update(1.1.3) includes carbon dock rearrange icons, webclips
    lyrics, chapters and sub titles
  6. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Um, no. The free 1.1.3 update includes nothing but the carbon dock. Period. You have to cough up the $20 for everything else. We've gone over this numerous times already. Pay attention and read the FAQ or any of the other five dozen or so threads about this in the temporary 1.1.3 forum.
  7. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

The only way this is accessible is if you use programs like Total Commander, iPhuc, and iphonelist, and that won't even work exactly because the 'Nikita' file contains the /Application folder and this is accessible unless you decrypt it which I don't exactly think that was done yet because if that was the case there would already be a JB 1.1.3 confirmed..
  8. fr0z3nic3

fr0z3nic3 New Member

No lyrics, or wiggle for just a plain 1.1.3 update.. Just web clips.. Sounds like a rip right? I couldn't believe Steve was doing this to up either, but Steve is gettin' paid he doesn't care how much the people complain, and all those rumors of the "1.1.3 Applications free".. They're all lies.. Trust me I've restored my iPod a couple times testing different methods..
  9. peter321

peter321 New Member

No webclips either!