The new software broke my iPod - Unuseable?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by matt_price93, Aug 10, 2009.

1. matt_price93

matt_price93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have the latest iPod Touch out. It is not jailbroken, and has never had any such thing done to it.

I recently purchased the software from iTunes. The update was working fine until the very end, when an error message occured. Now, I cannot even switch the iPod on. I have charged it, iTunes won't detect it.

The iPod was working fine until the update.

Can you please advise me what to do from here? I plan on visiting the Apple Store if nobody can assist me on here.

Thanks

Also - I would not recommend the update. I will be demanding a full refund and if necessary a new iPod. I have heard of MANY problems with this software, but from what I've gathered from the internet my case is quite unique.
  2. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    you should try doing a DFU restore. that will make itunes recognize your ipod and then try updating again.
  3. matt_price93

matt_price93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks for your reply.

Could you explain to me what a DFU restore is? If you mean hold down the main button and the hold button for 10 seconds, then I can't do this. But if I'm wrong, can you explain what a DFU restore is?

Thanks again
  4. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    well you can always DFU restore and yes it is that. Try following this site to get into DFU: Here

DFU restore stands for Device Firmware Update and what it simply does is force you ipod or iphone into recovery mode so itunes recognizes it. one you do this you can restore with itunes. it is because of this that your ipod is practically unbrickable.
  5. DazedUp

DazedUp New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    3.0 is not bad, but i dont know, probably just you thats having problems lol. DFU then restore it
  6. ipodtouchpwnd69

ipodtouchpwnd69 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hold both bottoms down for aprox. 10 seconds and then release the power button (keep holding home!!!!) for up to 30 seconds or untill your PC recognizes it.