The new iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by micro_hard, Sep 11, 2009.

1. micro_hard

micro_hard Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    First of all this is my first post. I've been a regular reader here in IPTF but haven't registered and posted.

So, I'm not here to complain why the 'new' Ipod touch 3rd gen does not have a camera or anything. I'm just here to point out that the Prototype of the 3rd gen Ipod touch that surfaced might have been real.

Sorry if you already noticed, but I would like to point out the picture of the teardown of Ipod touch 3rd gen by ifixit.

First, if you have a look at this picture, you could observe the top part of the Ipod touch internals. http://s2.guide-images.ifixit.com/igi/6BYVw1WkhyMcKNGO.large Okay, now that you did have a look at this http://www.ipodrepublic.com/ipod-touch/leaked-video-3rd-gen-ipod-touch-camera/2009/08/15/ No, not the video but the third picture. As you might have realized before the bottom of the two Ipods is the supposed to be 3rd gen.

I want you to look close of the Ipod touch's top part from the second link I gave you. And then compare the picture of the 1st link I typed, side by side.

As you could see now if you followed what I said, the chipsets are exactly in the same place and they are identical. Now, the motherboard of the Prototype 3rd gen is colored red. It might have been because its in a prototype stage and not intended for production yet.

Tell me what you think, I'm not confirming anything so don't get your hopes up. I'm just saying that I think its weird. So tell me what you think.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    i just did a search before i saw this post and saw the same thing you said. looks like i wasnt the only one who was thinking this. i hope there is a camera.
  3. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

I think so too, but for whatever reason (defects?) they didn't include it :/

EDIT: There's also a little space just right for a camera in the 3rd Gen, full story here
  4. micro_hard

micro_hard Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Thanks for the positive response.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thought of this.
  5. The Killswitch

The Killswitch Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Hell, if thickness is the issue, go ahead and make it thicker. Anyone against?
  6. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    No. And if you are to make it thicker (a reasonable amount of thickness, mind you...) re-design it.
  7. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    im fine with it thicker, hell it'll almost certainly be thinner than an iphone, the only other idevice with a camera..
  8. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    But the Nana...

OH WAIT! That thing is so bad, it isn't (in my opinion and experience...).

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well, i looked at the full story, and i heard that the nano's camera would take horrid still pics (why am i not surprised, its a vga) and thats why they didn't enable it. i think the top of the ipod would have to be 3mm thicker for the camera to fit, but i wonder how thick that plastic thing they have in the area is...
  10. The Killswitch

The Killswitch Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    I want to see detailed reviews about nano/3G S comparisons...