the mysterious week 35

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by robjob, Nov 29, 2007.

1. robjob

robjob New Member

i have searched these forums for anything on a week 35 iTouch and have found nothing. i have a week 35 and have been experiencing wi fi problems, in fact this is my SECOND i touch in three weeks because the first had the same problem (don't know what week it was). i get on the internet and bumped off after a minute or so......
    are week 35s rare? crappy?
  2. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I dont think the week that its made would affect the device..how can you tell what week your device was made?
  3. robjob

robjob New Member

the serial number.
    based on everything i have read here the fourth and fifth numbers in your serial are the week it was produced.......
    week 37s are generally bad and prone to problems. i have seen mention of other weeks but none of 35. it just seems odd i guess.
  4. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

It definitely does, and it's pretty rare to find a person (on an iPod touch site, or anywhere) who has never heard of the problems with week 36 and 37 iPods, and how to check your week #.

You surprised me...
  5. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

A week 35 is one of the first publicly developed iPod Touches.

So hard to find, unless people out there are lazy to tell you if they even own a week 35. lol ^^
  6. robjob

robjob New Member

so is it safe to assume that 35 is no better than 36 or 37? i find it odd that i have had TWO iTouches that have the same wi-fi problem (16GB Macy Gray both times). I am about to take back the second one as well.
  7. Rawd

Rawd New Member

What is the wifi problem? Are you sure it is the ipod?
  8. robjob

robjob New Member

the wi fi prob is that i get bumped off after about a minute of surfing.......it happens at work and at home with a good signal. i get on but cannot stay on. everything else seems fine.
  9. Masky64

Masky64 New Member

I have a week 41, any problem in that week?
  10. robjob

robjob New Member

i think 41 is fine. my real question, i guess, is "is it normal to get bumped off of your connection regularly when you are two feet from your router?" sure doesn't seem like it but i don't know how the touch does with wi fi in general.

that coupled with the fact that NO ONE seems to own a week 35 has me a bit freaked.

Please Register or Log in to view images