The Marathon Touch Project

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by dmgmantis, Feb 3, 2008.

1. dmgmantis

dmgmantis New Member

2. dmgmantis

dmgmantis New Member

PM me if you never played Marathon Before and if you want to play it, i just made an Installer which installs the 3 Games, plus the High Def pack for the First Game with The Source Code.
  3. bkram1

bkram1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Lol I got marathon and track and Field mixed up. I was thinking, bungie made track and field??? Sounds like a great project, I don't know what I can do to help though.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

I got Marathon 2 and M: Infinity working with AlephOne and the hi def pack, but I have to go back and grab the original Marathon and get that going.

I just tried Infinity -- and it still uses the same engine, more or less, so in fact it might be possible to get the whole triliogy working. (Minus the Hi Def pack, of course.)
  5. dmgmantis

dmgmantis New Member

Yeah, your right, Aleph One is based off of Durandal's Engine.

Try Marathon first, turn the music off, then its more eerie.
    Thats another thing though: Adding an option to turn off user's Music when game starts or the double clicking the home button to access your music controls like that or what?

I love the Music, even though its MIDI.
  6. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

I've never been big on in-game music anyway. Although when it used cinematically, as in Half Life 2, it adds some great atmosphere to the game. However, when played throughout the game, I find that it detracts from the immersion.

You probably could have it play random MP3s from the player's playlist, I'm sure that wouldn't be a difficult thing to add.
  7. dmgmantis

dmgmantis New Member

It wouldnt be difficult, though i would really like an option to select a special playlist (i.e. Ive got a playlist called "Teh Gaming Mix") which i listen to while i game. So, you select that from the Settings menu before you start Marathon, and the songs randomly play.

I want to find somebody who will want to recreate the Marathon Music being not so Midi-ish. I just love the Atmosphere of the game.
  8. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

If you can extract the MIDI files or somehow record the music I'll see what I can do.
  9. dmgmantis

dmgmantis New Member

Im pretty sure i saw some Mp3's Extracting while i was extracting in WinRAR, ill check it out..

Edit: Check in your Tracks Folder in your Marathon root.
  10. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

So it is.

They sound like 4-track MOD files converted to MP3, which is why they sound as crap as they do. The "Chomber" track also uses a 7/8 time signature, which is kind of interesting. Some nice ambient tracks there too. It'd be nice to have the original MOD files for these though, but I can do without them.

Anyway, I've attached a VERY rough beginning to Fat Man. Tell me what you think.

Attached Files: