The level of immaturity of certain members of the iPod touch fans community amazes me

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by AlexRADL, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Let me first say that there are some awesome members on this site. I have made some genuine friends and really enjoy being here.

That does not go without mentioning the great amount of immature members active on this site. Now, I know there are many members out there thinking "I know he is talking about me", well let me make it clear that I am not pointing out a specific member/group of members.

I know that this is the internet, and on the internet people generally dismiss all grammar and spelling rules. I understand that, but that does not make up for the ridiculous and immature comments made by a large amount of members here. The amount of threads that I have to clean up due to someone posting something "off topic" that eventually turns into a "flame war" is absolutely ridiculous.

From now on I, personally, am going to be a lot stricter when it comes to flaming and offensive comments. Usually if someone starts trolling and posts a few (3-4) comments flaming other members they receive a few infractions. Instead of getting a few infractions, that member will be temporarily banned (1-7 days depending on the severity of the situation). If they continue to flame other members when their ban is lifted they will be permanently banned.

If you think this is a little too harsh, let me ask you this: In the past, have infractions deterred people who are persistent in their quest to insult other members? J7KLEXPET9WK

So, let this serve as a warning to all of the people on this site who feel the need to post comments insulting or flaming other members. Consider this your infraction.
  2. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

3. wyvern706

wyvern706 New Member

and me....
  4. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Insulting other members is wrong even if it was something horrible they said to you. If all they do is flame, report them, worked for me

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. super51fan

super51fan Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i totally agree
    +rep........... oh wait!
  6. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I agree with everything you say. Again, this forum has gone from a helpful, nice website, to a hostile, not-friendly area.

It's all downhill. Hopefully your rules will set people straight.
  7. cryptsucks

cryptsucks Banned

im not immature ^_^
    and i did not put boobies in the tags!! hehehehhe
  8. Aristarchos

Aristarchos Banned

I'm sorry if I had been a problem ever

Please Register or Log in to view images

But I'm glad you care about this forum enough to keep it a nice place and I just wanna say thanks!
  9. mrgas2004

mrgas2004 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    good points about the infraction but ever since i got 1 i stopped what i was doing wrong
  10. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I totally agree. If I could ban, I would be the same way.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.