The latest iPod touch jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Ungarmax, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Ungarmax

Ungarmax New Member

Call me stupid, but u cant call me lazy. I have read the stickies but i cant get my head around the information thereof. Being completely new to Jailbreaking, there is a lot of contradictory information on the web, and im sure a lot of people would agree when i say i do not want to put my valued iPod at risk on a whim. I have endeavoured for 2 days just to not sound like a noob, but there is only so much noob-unfriendlyness i can take.

SO. As my last resort.

Please can someone inform me of the latest method for jailbreaking an iPod touch 2g fw 2.2.1 that DOESNT require coding knowledge and is most secure at this present time. Also, from what i can gather, there seems to be third party elements to jailbreaking, of which i know less about.

Big thanks to anyone who can find time away from their iPod to help!
  2. j200967

j200967 Banned

Go to redsn0w.com

Download redsn0w 0.3 for whatever platform you are on.

If you are on a PC. Just double click "redsn0w.exe"

If you are on a Mac. Open terminal, cd to the directory where redsn0w is and type "./redsn0w"
  3. Ungarmax

Ungarmax New Member

Thank you j200967 for your fat free reply!
  4. j200967

j200967 Banned

I hope I helped
  5. Ungarmax

Ungarmax New Member

LOL it links to the piratebay, which is down i believe due to the piracy thing. Ok its redsn0w 0.3 beta tho. thanks again.
  6. j200967

j200967 Banned

7. pythasdelema

pythasdelema New Member

hi all,
    am new to this forum. please i need some help on my ipod touch 32g, not sure what generation but got it in september 2008.
    I would want advice on how to go about putting aplications on my ipod.
    was told about quickpwn, fireware etc but do not know how to do any of these.
    thanks for your help and God bless
  8. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You have a 2G (the 1G was never released as a 32GB model). As above, use redsn0w to jailbreak the latest 2.2.1 firmware. This will install Cydia, which you can use to download jailbreak programmed applications, themes, games etc.
  9. Tourniquet.

Tourniquet. Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    couldn't said it better!
  10. PyroJoe

PyroJoe New Member

Dude, I was the same as you, I was going to do it a harder way, but then the wise people on here persuaded me not to and I was advised to use redsn0w v0.3, best change of mind I made

Please Register or Log in to view images

Seriously, so easy, put into DFU mode [ Hold Power and home button until you hear the sound your PC makes when connecting to USB, so around 10 seconds, and then let go of the Power button but still hold the Home button and then wait until you hear the same noise and it this should be about another 10 secs (Someone will correct me here) ] and then run redsn0w.exe and it will tell you whether you have DFU'd your Ipod or not, so thats a good way to find out.

Then simply let the command prompt run the coding and then it will close down on its own, then look at your ipod, the screen should be white, then wait for a bit and it will say what its doing and simply wait

then when done, no need to sync your music and photos etc back as they are kept on your ipod... HOW AWESOME!

Defo do it with redsn0w dude