The Last Airbender

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by Teslanaut, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

Trailer | Wiki

I will be honest. And I do not mean to offend. WHY Couldn't they pick someone ASIAN to play the Main character? Who is supposed to be the analogue to the TIBETAN race? Or at LEAST people of the "Correct" or "Appropriate" race. Heck, no one in the entire show is of caucasian descent. If any of you have seen the show; Air Benders = Tibetan monks. Fire Benders = Japanese warriors. Water Benders = Eskimo/Inuit nomads. Earth Benders = Chinese countrymen/farmers. The entire show features ASIAN Martial arts like Chinese Kung Fu and it's various styles. The only person of actual asian descent out of the 4 main characters is the person who plays Zuko.

I don't know.. I have a lot of doubts about this movie. The show was AMAZING. One of the best shows that ever came out of Nickelodeon. But now... I just don't know. I'm sure it's going to look frickin awesome with all the CG and attempted martial arts. But M. Knight? Seriously? What do you guys think? I hate you Hollywood. I truly do. Dragon Ball, Street Fighter, now Avatar. Die Hollywood. Die.

THIS IS FRICKIN AANG. DOES HE LOOK TIBETAN TO YOU?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. johonto

johonto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Dragon ball was just plain wierd... But Hollywood has made some awesome movies! Like anything with paul rudd or Jason segal! Move on from anime. There much better Hollywood gold out there.
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    He should totally be Tibetan or Asian at least, not Anglo-Saxon
  4. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Sigh.
    We all know Naruto is next.