the ipod touch hacks

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 300 Spartans, Oct 27, 2007.

1. 300 Spartans

300 Spartans New Member

hey
    i really want an ipod touch but i have to wait until christmas
    i am looking at all of these videos on you tube and i saw the hacks then i saw this web site these iphone apps look amazing to put on
    ALTHOUGH
    can these hacks BREAK OR HURT the IPOD or ur COMPUTER
    AND
    Can apple find out that u are doing this in any way?!

any answers i would appreciate because i am the type of person who is too scared to chance messing up such an expensive item
  2. termin8or123

termin8or123 New Member

These hacks will not harm your iPod, nor break your computer! As long as you pay attention to the tuts, and etc. Do things the right way, and make sure you know what you're doing. Then you will be fine. It is pretty impossible to brick your iPod touch. And plus if something does happen, you can just ask us kind forum members!

Please Register or Log in to view images

(or just search your problem, you're bound to find someone who has had the same problem fixed.) And the apple part is no they can't. Unless they come out with a firmware in the future, that disables all the hacks. But I doubt it.
  3. 300 Spartans

300 Spartans New Member

thanks

thanks man also i was looking at the you tube video of ipodtouchmaster and i was looking at the comments and one guy said after he did this his memory went from 16gb to 300mb is that possible?

also
    how much memory do these apps take up because i have 1000 songs on my ipod now so.... will these apps take up all the space?
  4. vepil

vepil New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    The only reason the ipod memory "increased" to 300 is the jailbreak "broke" during installation and they need to restore the ipod. After that complete jailbreak and you have the original memory but the freedom apple should have included when shipped.

The apps take up very little. I have about 3 gigs of music, 4 gigs of movies, 200mb of pics and the other catagory says like 42megs. The other would be the operating system, apps and webrowser cache I would guess.
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Has anyone actually bricked their iPod Touch? I mean -- really, unrecoverably even with a reset? I don't think it's possible with the restore functionality, but I'd be curious to know. My jailbreak went just fine. I was a little concerned, but I figured if another 20,000 or so people had downloaded the jailbreak, I was in good company

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. whcodered

whcodered Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Nope. There is a read-only chip in the touch so you will always be able to reset it back to its factory state. If for some reason this isn't possible, there was something wrong with your touch's hardware to begin with.